Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 01:46 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Women dye thier hair so you cant see the gray
Women wear make up so you dont see what they really look like
Women wont say how much they weigh
Women wont say how old they are
Women wear push up bras
Women wear panty hose that keep thier belly in
And you call men liars????

If I were you, Danny boy, I start looking over your shoulder, sleeping with a gun under your pillow and wear body armor, 'cause you are now a marked man among women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 02:08 PM

37,461 posts, read 61,388,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRUK1 View Post
Yep, I'm afraid some men do lie. Perhaps one or two of you men out there can advise why you feel the need to lie when all a woman wants is direct honesty and respect?
I do not know why some men feel a need to lie to a lady.

It is my perception [and please do not take this as an insult] that some ladies do so much game playing that it is difficult to know if they are being honest.

Quote:
... So why boys, do some of you have to be such evil and cowardly b_stards?!
I have no idea.

Insecurity? Immaturity?

Old 01-25-2009, 09:18 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
It's not MEN who lie, and it's not WOMEN who lie. It's PEOPLE who lie, and the biggest liars of all are the one's who say they never lie.

Probably the single biggest reason we lie is to spare someone's feelings.
"Does my butt look big in these jeans?"
"Yeah, but it always looks big."

Heck yes I lie. Little white lies. Sometimes little grey ones. Sometimes medium sized charcoal ones. Sometimes....

Old 01-26-2009, 06:39 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,699,730 times
As long as she knows women lie too, then I won't consider it a sexist comment.

also that women by our very nature don't necessarily want the candid honest truth. We kinda force men to tell us what we want them to say. So you can't blame them for outright lies when we basically ask them to do that in some cases (in regards to our looks, etc)

Old 01-26-2009, 07:16 AM

305 posts, read 373,210 times
My grandfathter told me ALL THE TIME "Men lie, ALL men, ALL the time. Remember that".

Old 01-26-2009, 07:24 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,133,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
My friend is very fond of saying this. She even has little jokes about it like ... How can you tell a man is lying...his mouth is moving!

Do you all really feel this way?
in 98% of the cases YES--WHERE IS THAT 2% THAT DON'T?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:36 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
I don't lie.

If you ask me outright I will have to tell you the truth.

I will not expose information though if not asked.

I was told that I am very genuine. Honest and trustworthy. What I say is true. Even when I hear something, I won't repeat it until I have all the facts. Like rumors.

I was talking to a person one time who said, "I'll be right back." I never saw them again that evening. I couldn't believe that. If you are leaving, just say, "I'll see you around." Not, I'll be right back. If something came up, come back and tell me.

If I say to you, "I'll be right there." I will be right there. I will call to tell you I am running late if I was not there at the time I told you. That is just me though.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:01 AM

47 posts, read 78,069 times
Quote:
My friend is very fond of saying this. She even has little jokes about it like ... How can you tell a man is lying...his mouth is moving!

Definitely yes..............They lie. Each and every time to hide things, to cover people up ,to get the credit they lie..................The greatest liars in the world......................................

Old 01-26-2009, 10:09 AM

47 posts, read 78,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
If I were you, Danny boy, I start looking over your shoulder, sleeping with a gun under your pillow and wear body armor, 'cause you are now a marked man among women.
Most of the men admiring women and it s a fact that women have to look nicer even if they look ugly.As a society we look forward to seeing mistakes of women more than men.Men has the freedom to go any where any time and pretend that he was sleeping or reading his favorite book.But for the women they have to taken care of the kids , prepare meals, look after the house, pay the bills everything . But how many men appreciate the work she does ? So ,,,, We have the right to do what we want. ....

Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:

There was a comedian who said it best - Women tell the most lies and men tell the biggest lies.

Women lies:

Make up - Your face doesnt really look like that, its all painted on.
Hair - your hair isnt really blonde, or those are extensions.
Bust - Your boobs arent really that big, thats a pushup bra or you stuffed it
Height - Youre not that tall, those are 3 inch heels.
Weight - youre not really that skinny, youre wearing a girdle/corset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships