Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 10:08 PM

5,289 posts, read 1,234,108 times

Advertisements

Lol. Will lives in DC right now (law school) and I live about 2.5 hrs away, but we've been friends for a couple of years now, he used to live here, and I've been planning on moving up there once I finish grad school/seminary (I'm doing both) in May. We were always platonic friends, because I was engaged to GI Joe. But then GI Joe and I broke up.

So, I invited Will to come down for a visit and come to my NYE party. He thought a trip down here would be great, and he came to my party. He was one of the first to show up and we chatted about this and that. And then you can read about the rest of NYE in the OP.

FF to today. I wore my favorite black jeans and a short-sleeve green sweater shirt from VS. It is my fave and it looks cute on me, and makes my red hair look great! So I was feeling good! He came and picked me up and took me to TX Road House. The lunch was fun, and convo was easy. After lunch it was a bit chilly, but we went for a walk in the park (holding hands). It was nice to be outside, and alone in the pretty park. We sat down by the River and just chatted for a little while, and then decided that it was too chilly to stay there.

So he came back to my place and we watched a movie (Rambo- he's been trying to get me to see it for a long time, b/c somehow I hadn't before) and cuddled on my loveseat. Then I walked him to the door and he kissed me goodbye (and he is a good kisser).

Our 2nd date is on Sunday- to church and lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 10:10 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,345,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyPoohFan317 View Post
Lol. Will lives in DC right now (law school) and I live about 2.5 hrs away, but we've been friends for a couple of years now, he used to live here, and I've been planning on moving up there once I finish grad school/seminary (I'm doing both) in May. We were always platonic friends, because I was engaged to GI Joe. But then GI Joe and I broke up.

So, I invited Will to come down for a visit and come to my NYE party. He thought a trip down here would be great, and he came to my party. He was one of the first to show up and we chatted about this and that. And then you can read about the rest of NYE in the OP.

FF to today. I wore my favorite black jeans and a short-sleeve green sweater shirt from VS. It is my fave and it looks cute on me, and makes my red hair look great! So I was feeling good! He came and picked me up and took me to TX Road House. The lunch was fun, and convo was easy. After lunch it was a bit chilly, but we went for a walk in the park (holding hands). It was nice to be outside, and alone in the pretty park. We sat down by the River and just chatted for a little while, and then decided that it was too chilly to stay there.

So he came back to my place and we watched a movie (Rambo- he's been trying to get me to see it for a long time, b/c somehow I hadn't before) and cuddled on my loveseat. Then I walked him to the door and he kissed me goodbye (and he is a good kisser).

Our 2nd date is on Sunday- to church and lunch.
sounds like a great date. Have fun on Sunday.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:17 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,703,335 times
Quote:

So he came back to my place and we watched a movie (Rambo- he's been trying to get me to see it for a long time, b/c somehow I hadn't before) and cuddled on my loveseat.
Oh. You mean Rambo 4, the last Rambo? With the .50 caliber rounds exploding heads, etc. etc. I mean I love Rambo and everything, got all the special editions, but I'd never say to a chick "Wow you have to see Rambo" and move heaven and earth to get you over to see it. Sounds a bit odd.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:22 PM

The 1st Rambo. It has kind of become a thing between us. He could never believe that I love action type flicks and had never seen any of the Rambo movies. Rambo 1 is his all time favorite movie, and this summer I had promised him I would watch it, if he watch my all time favorite movie (Robin Hood:Men in Tights). Well, we watched RH in August (with a bunch of friends), so I owed him. So while we were in the park, not wanting the date to end I suggested that I pay my debt and watch Rambo.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:10 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,703,335 times
Quote:
The 1st Rambo. It has kind of become a thing between us. He could never believe that I love action type flicks and had never seen any of the Rambo movies. Rambo 1 is his all time favorite movie, and this summer I had promised him I would watch it, if he watch my all time favorite movie (Robin Hood:Men in Tights). Well, we watched RH in August (with a bunch of friends), so I owed him. So while we were in the park, not wanting the date to end I suggested that I pay my debt and watch Rambo.
Ah. Well the first one isn't too bad. It was the recent Rambo I was wondering about as that took the term "gratuitous violence" to a new level and couldn't imagine a guy saying "Hey you've got to see this!".

Old 01-03-2009, 06:12 AM

yeah I haven't seen the new one, but I can now say I've seen #1, and I paid my debt, so all is good right now!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,660,723 times
Ahh that rush that comes with a fresh new relationship. Makes one feel so..young. lol. Many an hour have I frittered away thinking of those days. It's more addicting than any narcotic ain't it?

Old 01-03-2009, 03:11 PM

It is a great feeling! And to have it with someone that was already one of my best friends is even better I think!!! Because I know how he was with his last gf, and I know that I can trust him, which is a big deal for me. The women in my family don't have a good track record of finding decent guys on the 1st marriage, and I've a more than decent guy. How long this relationship lasts remains to be seen, but I'm just going to enjoy each day and focus on that!

Old 01-03-2009, 09:57 PM

473 posts, read 762,011 times
Have fun tomorrow PoohFan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships