Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 01:51 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,486 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone.

After months of lurking on this forum, I just registered and am ready to dive into the pool.

This question is directed to ladies but anyone is free to respond.

If your SO wanted a professional, legitimate massage from an attractive young woman, would this bother you?

I have had professional massages before but always select attractive young women. I love getting them. They're kind of a personal luxury when I can afford them.

BTW, I'm talking of legitimate massages, none of the "massage parlor" fronts for the oldest profession. I do always want women masseurs just because I would rather be stroked by a woman rather than a man. I do enjoy the conversation as well and I may as well have a pretty face to look at.

My new girlfriend is the jealous type and I would hesitate to tell her of my massages. She gets upset when I am too friendly with women I work with, even though there is no reason to be. I suspect the massages would bother her. I don't plan to tell her but I was curious if any other women would find this troublesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 01:57 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,678,383 times
First, welcome to CD! I'm glad you decided to join us. Most of the people here are very nice and try to be honest and helpful.

If your SO is the insecure type, and it sounds like she is, getting a massage from an attractive, young, single woman would bother her. For the sake of your relationship, couldn't you find some nice, middle-aged, happily married woman to give you a massage?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:58 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,453,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
Hi Everyone.

After months of lurking on this forum, I just registered and am ready to dive into the pool.

This question is directed to ladies but anyone is free to respond.

If your SO wanted a professional, legitimate massage from an attractive young woman, would this bother you?

I have had professional massages before but always select attractive young women. I love getting them. They're kind of a personal luxury when I can afford them.

BTW, I'm talking of legitimate massages, none of the "massage parlor" fronts for the oldest profession. I do always want women masseurs just because I would rather be stroked by a woman rather than a man. I do enjoy the conversation as well and I may as well have a pretty face to look at.

My new girlfriend is the jealous type and I would hesitate to tell her of my massages. She gets upset when I am too friendly with women I work with, even though there is no reason to be. I suspect the massages would bother her. I don't plan to tell her but I was curious if any other women would find this troublesome.
No kidding, why do you do this and why shouldn't she be? I consider what you want to do - your massages - to be a form of cheating.

Welcome to CD and no offense intended.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:58 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
No. I have actually purchased massages for my ex.
I do have to state that of the massages I have received, I never selected the person based on looks, I was never stroked and I was mostly face down so I wasnt looking at them. I dont much care for converstation while getting a massage either.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:02 PM

890 posts, read 2,786,428 times
Try to get a couple's massage. You're both in the room getting a massage. It's great.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:08 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,486 times
Thanks for the welcome!

I don't feel the massages are cheating. They are always professional, no flirting, come-ons, etc. I simply like younger women better. They are generally friendlier and we usually have more in common to talk about. I do like to talk while getting massages. It's almost a form of therapy as well. I can gripe about job, family etc. but also talk about the latest movies, music and so forth.

Yes an older woman can do this as well but in my experience, older women are usually not as vivacious. Some have been downright grim! Almost like it's a chore for them. Anyway, my main point was that I was curious about how other women would feel if their boyfriend/husband were to get such massages. Thanks for the input.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:11 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
I wouldn't mind him GETTING a massage from an attractive young woman, but I sure wouldn't want him REQUESTING an attractive young woman!

I'm sure he wouldn't get a warm fuzzy if I was getting a massage and asked, "Give me the most smoking hot, studliest dude you got, please."

Old 11-20-2009, 02:14 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,386,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
I don't feel the massages are cheating. They are always professional, no flirting, come-ons, etc. I simply like younger women better. They are generally friendlier and we usually have more in common to talk about. I do like to talk while getting massages. It's almost a form of therapy as well. I can gripe about job, family etc. but also talk about the latest movies, music and so forth.

Yes an older woman can do this as well but in my experience, older women are usually not as vivacious. Some have been downright grim! Almost like it's a chore for them. Anyway, my main point was that I was curious about how other women would feel if their boyfriend/husband were to get such massages. Thanks for the input.
I also prefer massages from people who are friendly, as long as they are good at giving the massage. I don't see why that should be an issue, but I am not the jealous type and have a hard time understanding people who are.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:15 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
No, it wouldn't bother me. I think most people close their eyes and refrain from talking during a massage in order to relax, so I think "might as well look at a pretty face" is kind of hooey. If your girlfriend is the jealous type and you want to keep her, I agree with SunnyDee--find a different masseuse.

I don't approve of being secretive and deceptive to the ones we love. Therefore, while I wouldn't mind if you went to get a massage, I would mind very much if you lied to me and said you were going to the gym when you weren't. Massages aren't cheating; lying is.

Old 11-20-2009, 02:16 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,255,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
I also prefer massages from people who are friendly, as long as they are good at giving the massage. I don't see why that should be an issue, but I am not the jealous type and have a hard time understanding people who are.
"Friendly" is different than "attractive young woman."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships