Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 12:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
The Twilight Zone.

***not joking, this happened to me for real***
It does sound freaky!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 12:44 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
yes i believe this.

a long time ago my mother once woke up around 3 am. she sensed something was wrong. she called my older brothers to check on them (they were fine) but she couldnt do anything but wait for me to come home from a night of partying (this was pre cell phones). about an hour after she called my brothers i called home because i needed a ride. the first thing she said when she answered was "are you OK?" i said "yes, but the car isnt." i had been in a bad, almost head on collision. the car was totalled, but i was OK, except for a few cuts here and there. she knew something was up.

mothers, and parents sense these things. i have had similar feelings with my kids. and i have experienced deja vu. premonitions. visitations. etc. its a bit eery.

i really believe this stuff.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:33 PM

146 posts, read 369,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
One night I was watching a late show and all of a sudden I started to smell the cologne a friend of mine liked to wear. The smell was very strong so I went to the restroom to wash my face and I felt like a cold chill and heard something tumbling in my closet. I went to check it out and some of my clothes were on the floor, among them a sweater that belonged to my friend.
I went to bed still smelling the scent of the cologne.
The following day as I getting ready to go to work and I heard news my friend had died in a freak car accident.
I just entered...

The Twilight Zone.

***not joking, this happened to me for real***
today i also feel like i am in the Twilight Zone.i guess i am still a little freaked out

Old 01-07-2009, 01:51 AM

519 posts, read 1,697,338 times
Whenever something like this happens to my mom, she prays for the person. It's a good idea.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:41 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
This wasn`t a dream. I was awake when this happened, but I had this thought cross my mind one evening that you hear of stories about people who have seen their loved ones say at 9AM. Well, you couldn`t have seen them at this time because they died at 8:30AM.
I thought that was a silly thing to think about, then the phone rang.
It was my ex calling to tell me that he was almost in a head on collison. His tire blew out and he lost control of his truck! I went to pick him up, wondering all the way, why that thought went through my mind.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:15 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
O.k. This just happened this morning....

I will start from the point where it happened.

We had a raccoon in the garbage that looked really sick. When I tried to scare him away he was really slow and didn't move much.

For a couple of days he stayed around the house sitting in places till one morning I saw him on our porch. When I let the dog out he saw it and growled a bit but then came in from outside. I then saw what he was growling at. It was the raccoon.

So I got something to hit him with to kill it. (Sorry ladies)

I then got rid of the evidence and story was over.

Well, the wife was concerned the dog could get something from the coon so I assured her it was gone. She then wanted to know what happened and where. I refused to tell her. Didn't matter, told her it was gone.

This morning she comes up to me and asks, "Where did you put the coon?"

I sarcastically told her I put it in her bed cause I didn't want to discuss it.

Then she said, "I had a dream it was mutilated on the front porch."

You talk about freaky! I never told her where or anything. She is now really scaring me!

Old 01-07-2009, 12:38 PM

3,393 posts, read 4,012,063 times
That's weird what Mr. Cat said about his friend's cologne. After my mom died, I dreamed that I was having a conversation with her. I was telling her how the kids have been doing since she died. At one point she said to me, "You do realize this is just a dream, right?"
I said, "NOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
I woke up saying that and could SWEAR I smelled her scent on my pillow. My poor husband wakes up to me crying uncontrollably.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:47 PM

355 posts, read 814,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
About 20 times with people I care about. I knew the night my grandmother died, I dreamed she stopped by to say goodby.

I've met people for the first time in person, but met them earlier in a dream. But that's only happened a few times.
Both of those things have happened to me, too. It's quite freaky.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:59 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Early one morning, several years ago, I woke up from a terrible dream - right before I woke up, I had heard people screaming collectively and my then-husband came into the room to wake me because he said he heard me making noises. As soon as I woke up, the first word out of my mouth was 'Pennsylvania'. I looked at my hub, and told him, 'something terrible in Pennsylvania'. But it was a work day, so I had to hustle to get to work and soon left it at that. I forgot all about the dream until later that same evening, and understandably so - it was a dream I woke from the morning of September 11, 2001.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:18 PM

146 posts, read 369,395 times
Does any one know what would be a good book to read about this ?? or web site ?? its been a few days and i am still freaking out about this it had never happend to me befor that nite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships