Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 03:16 PM

589 posts, read 1,636,394 times

Advertisements

We are in the midst of separation, soon to be divorce. We have a joint account (yeah I know but he has direct deposit going in there right now).

He put the child support etc into that account for me and I transferred it to my account except for $50 just in case I accidentally used the wrong card once. (To avoid overdraft fees).

I checked the account today. Lo and behold!!! It's overdrawn! He's made 3 purchases in the last week and overdrew it by just over $50. With the fees it will be $120 in the hole.

I sent him an e-mail because I can track our communication that way.

ALSO, his truck payment is in both of our names and cannot be refinanced. It is now 32 days late and they are calling me and unable to get in touch with him.

Now, would you forward said e-mail to his girlfriend? I'm so so so tempted but I don't know that it is ethical.

NOTE: I have our three children - 8, 8, 5. I make 1/4 what he does and only just received my first paycheck. The bills for us are all paid or have arrangements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 03:20 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Keep track of everything. Come divorce time, you can add that too!
No need in emailing his GF. She will find out soon enough how he is.....ashame he has three small kids though..

Old 01-25-2009, 03:21 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,145,464 times
No...don't be petty & drag the gf into it. You'll just make yourself look like the crazy ex-wife. Go about things legally and in an adult manner.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:27 PM

LOL I agree. I have kept her out of this stuff.

It is SOOOO tempting though.

However, given her wishy-washy history, it wouldn't make a difference anyway.

I just needed to post this for some release, ya know?

Old 01-25-2009, 03:34 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,171,925 times
Pick up the cotton-picking phone. E-mail, while tempting, can be awfully passive aggressive.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:35 PM

733 posts, read 1,928,720 times
yeah it has nothing to do with her, keep your records (hard copies of everything) and keep it clean. It will make you look better in the end

Old 01-25-2009, 03:41 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,123,898 times
No! Don't contact her at all. She's not the one draining the account or not paying the truck payment. However, you should remove your name from the join account ASAP.

Old 01-25-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Pick up the cotton-picking phone. E-mail, while tempting, can be awfully passive aggressive.
Do you mean that I should call him on this or her? LOL

I e-mail him because I need to be able to track the conversations and have a hard copy of his response.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:26 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,001 times
Honestly, just get the divorce and move on. I am sure 20 years down the road you'll be still talking about this stuff.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:33 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1Else View Post
We are in the midst of separation, soon to be divorce. We have a joint account (yeah I know but he has direct deposit going in there right now).

He put the child support etc into that account for me and I transferred it to my account except for $50 just in case I accidentally used the wrong card once. (To avoid overdraft fees).

I checked the account today. Lo and behold!!! It's overdrawn! He's made 3 purchases in the last week and overdrew it by just over $50. With the fees it will be $120 in the hole.

I sent him an e-mail because I can track our communication that way.

ALSO, his truck payment is in both of our names and cannot be refinanced. It is now 32 days late and they are calling me and unable to get in touch with him.

Now, would you forward said e-mail to his girlfriend? I'm so so so tempted but I don't know that it is ethical.

NOTE: I have our three children - 8, 8, 5. I make 1/4 what he does and only just received my first paycheck. The bills for us are all paid or have arrangements.
Why on earth would you email his GF. No no...you would make yourself look very very small. A definite no way on that.

You guys aren't even divorced yet and he has a girlfriend? Damn stupid of him.

And I agree with cpg - call the guy. Screw the "getting a copy". Geeeez. You need to get up with him worse than you need documentation. Record the conversation if you must, but CALL him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships