Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:55 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,691,376 times

Advertisements

im a bit under the influence so forgive any weird, unintelligeible things in this post

but

i think if I had a girlfriend it would actually help me a lot

i'd probably stop drinking, at the very least i wouldn't be drunk on a monday night like right now!! and I'd probably quit smoking (unless she was a smoker), and I wouldn't eat so unhealthy and i'd work out more often

idk do you think that having a significant other really is a matter of life and death?? cos i don't think i'll make it past 40 at my current pace

Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
first, you may wanna delete this thread... second... having a SO may notbe what you are making it out to be. What if you're with the wrong person? What if they cause you more unhappiness than you are already feeling?

My advice would be to mellow out, dry out, and then seriously consider finding a hobby that forces you to be social. sign up for adult league sports, sign up for an elective class where people have to get together, hell, find out which CD users here are in your area and meet up for some fun.

sorry to hear that you're going through some personal difficulties with this, but it's one of those things that you have to work at. if all else fails, take an emt class or start doing volunteer work at an animal shelter or volunteer firefighting... chicks dig that stuff.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:05 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
JFC... If you are drinking for ****s sake log off.

There is nothing wrong with drinking, and smoking well there are health risks. However it is your body. It seems you use the fact that don't have a girlfriend as an escuse for why you are pissed drunk. I'd highly suggested you man up, quit making excuses for poor choices.

Enjoy your drink and your smokes but learn to control them and not let them control you.

Yes, there are studies that state that a S/O can lead to longer life. Perhaps if you'd quit going around being such a sad person you might have luck finding a woman. You should help yourself before relying on a GF to solve all your problems. Women are smart and will see through such silliness.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:14 AM

well Jordan I'm saying if it was the right person or at least a good enough person, like my roommate and I had this discussion cos he was talking about a friend of his who just smokes weed and plays NHL '12 all day. he figures if he had a girlfriend then he'd probably try and get his life together instead of being content with just working at a moving company and getting high all day.

@SD4020 I'll do what I want when I'm drunk, this ain't North Korea, but otherwise I appreciate the advice. but who the hell would i be doin' it for if I "manned up" or whatever?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:17 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Definitely delete, this is the internet equivalent of the drunk-dial! As for a woman changing you: Don't even put that on a woman. You'll find out NOBODY can make you stop drinking, etc., that it truly is your problem and then you'll have ruined her life as well as yours.

As Arthur Bach said when his fiance told him that a real woman could stop him from drinking: "It'd have to be a real BIG woman."

Now go take a pee and then go to bed.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
well Jordan I'm saying if it was the right person or at least a good enough person, like my roommate and I had this discussion cos he was talking about a friend of his who just smokes weed and plays NHL '12 all day. he figures if he had a girlfriend then he'd probably try and get his life together instead of being content with just working at a moving company and getting high all day.

@SD4020 I'll do what I want when I'm drunk, this ain't North Korea, but otherwise I appreciate the advice. but who the hell would i be doin' it for if I "manned up" or whatever?
Then quite yer bitchin'. Of continue to post and look and act like a jackass. Your choice.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:26 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Quote:
the thing is, it is not healthy to need other people and depend on them for your happiness. once you start looking for that kind of relationship, you're looking for trouble. you could get mixed in with woman so nutty she'd make a squirrel say "that's nuts!"

seriously, though, just dry out and try to keep off the booze for a bit. you'll probably wake up and wonder what the hell you were thinking by posting this.

I still think the advice I gave in the first post is pretty good.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
the thing is, it is not healthy to need other people and depend on them for your happiness. once you start looking for that kind of relationship, you're looking for trouble. you could get mixed in with woman so nutty she'd make a squirrel say "that's nuts!"

seriously, though, just dry out and try to keep off the booze for a bit. you'll probably wake up and wonder what the hell you were thinking by posting this.

I still think the advice I gave in the first post is pretty good.
There is plenty of advise. However when ETOH it doesn't matter. In the morning he will still be along with a hangover and all whatever about the night before... With a post about needing to quit drinking. Deja moo.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:30 AM

whatever if y'all don't sign your names with "J.D." then you can't judge

e: jordan it is good advice, you are correct

Old 12-06-2011, 01:32 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
whatever if y'all don't sign your names with "J.D." then you can't judge

e: jordan it is good advice, you are correct
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh SNAP!

Okay, so...off to bed with you, then. There's a good boy. No, you may NOT post an "I miss you" song to your ex on Youtube before you go. Just go. We'll talk more in the morning...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships