Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 07:18 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,377,609 times

Advertisements

I've had this conversation before with some women in their 30's. They started the conversation by asking when did I first noticed I wasn't a kid anymore and went on to complain about every ache and pain and how hard it was to do what they once took for granted. I said I really haven't had any problems yet and unless I look in the mirror I'm really not reminded of any significant difference. The unanimous reply from all of them was bulls*it.
So I started wondering, are people that complain all the time about every little boo boo from homes where their parents did this or are they really that bad off. I've even heard this stuff out of teens and 20's people and I really wonder if its just conditioning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 07:28 AM

647 posts, read 2,084,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I've had this conversation before with some women in their 30's. They started the conversation by asking when did I first noticed I wasn't a kid anymore and went on to complain about every ache and pain and how hard it was to do what they once took for granted. I said I really haven't had any problems yet and unless I look in the mirror I'm really not reminded of any significant difference. The unanimous reply from all of them was bulls*it.
So I started wondering, are people that complain all the time about every little boo boo from homes where their parents did this or are they really that bad off. I've even heard this stuff out of teens and 20's people and I really wonder if its just conditioning.
I agree with you. Nobody believes me when I tell them I basically feel the same and view myself the same way I did when I was 20 (I'm 36 now). On, the other hand, I have good "anti-aging" genetics and I usually take good care of myself eating and workouts, etc....

But, I think that MANY people in our society just eat poorly, don't exercise, are lazy, etc...so the aging process starts to take it's toll a little earlier than it has to.

A lot of this line of thinking (complaining, etc.) is also brought on by poor attitude and almost as if they are "expecting" bad things to begin happening to them. Instead, these folks should change their thoughts and realize it doesn't have to be this way. I always think that something good is just about to happen to me and I carry this attitude over to my "physical" side as well. I go out and expect to be able to do the things I did when I was 18......only now I have a few more responsibilities

Old 02-06-2009, 07:38 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
The only time I ever complained, was to myself...when I gained enough weight (in the 4 years after I split with my ex) to cause a noticeable change in my physical health. And that was past 40, and I resolved that issue. So no...other than that one time frame, I've never had any reason to complain. I've always been one to maintain a regular exercise regimen, and I believe that makes all the difference in the world, in how you feel...both physically, and mentally.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatwave13 View Post
A lot of this line of thinking (complaining, etc.) is also brought on by poor attitude and almost as if they are "expecting" bad things to begin happening to them.
You mean along the lines of the type of people that are always running to the Dr. sure that they have a life threatening illness?

Old 02-06-2009, 07:44 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
You mean along the lines of the type of people that are always running to the Dr. sure that they have a life threatening illness?

That
would be a hypochondriac. Lots of those around, and age has nothing to do with it.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:44 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,375 times
Ahem...well when I was in my teens and twenties I could party for days on end. I worked at a nightclub and the bouncer and I would go to an all night resteraunt after and stay up till 5-6 eating all you could eat crablegs or or steak. I was rail thin and could be ready again(know what I mean?)in a half hour.

I'm 45 now and in a very casual relationship with two young ladies. And they are very active! They wear me out! I find myself greatly enjoying myself but tired all the time..asking myself..where were you two when I was in my prime!!! LOL

Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,342,445 times
My love handles and my belly have increased in size considerably.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

That
would be a hypochondriac. Lots of those around, and age has nothing to do with it.
Yes I understand that I was just asking if he meant of that mindset. I just feel that not everyone that complains of aches and pains is really in that bad of shape and whine about stuff that most of us would brush off and think nothing of it.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
Ahem...well when I was in my teens and twenties I could party for days on end. I worked at a nightclub and the bouncer and I would go to an all night resteraunt after and stay up till 5-6 eating all you could eat crablegs or or steak. I was rail thin and could be ready again(know what I mean?)in a half hour.

I'm 45 now and in a very casual relationship with two young ladies. And they are very active! They wear me out! I find myself greatly enjoying myself but tired all the time..asking myself..where were you two when I was in my prime!!! LOL
lol
your reminding me of Val Kilmer's line in the movie Tombstone.....
I don't know if your an angel or the antichrist.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:52 AM

647 posts, read 2,084,065 times
Quote:
Rcm58,

Yeah, in a way, I guess I would include those folks, but I was more thinking of the kind of guys who are 30-somethings with a huge beeer gut complaining about their "aching back" or whatever or using age as an excuse for not getting up off the couch and trying to do something about it.

Or, the guy at the gym who says, "two sets is all I got, I not young anymore you know?" or commenting to me, "you can get away with XXXX because you're young..." when I'm actually about the same age.

You know what I'm saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships