Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 07:35 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times

Advertisements

One of my friends has women throwing themselves at him wherever he goes while im with him and the girls act like im invisbile and im thinkign to myself how much easier things would be if i was good looking

Id trade places with him in a second to get that type of attention..And dont tell me its whats inside blah blah blah,neither men or women look at whats inside you when they first meet you there has to be some physical attraction to get your foot in the door..

Id love to se for one day how it is to be good looking rather then ugly or medicore or average whatever iam now where i have to hope 1 out of every 30 girls may like me..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 07:38 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Sounds like something out of your control. It's not wrong to be jealous, but surely you have a lot of your own to offer.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
You need to find some ugly friends to make you look good.

~Mike (is average...)

Old 02-08-2009, 07:44 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
One of life's realities is life is easier for pretty people. You just have to accept that and let it go.

This actually has a biological basis. Good looking people either have good genes that are resistent to environmental factors or have come though a good environment where their genes were not damaged. (the converse is not true BTW, ugly people can have good genes, you just know pretty ones do by looking at them) Part of what we percieve as beauty is symmetry and part of what makes us symmetrical is how the environment we grow up in impacts us. Malnutrition, illness, stress, etc, etc, etc... will affect how we develop and reduce the symmetry of our features. So, unfortunately, not pretty is equated to lower quality genes or damaged goods. Not always the case but you know the pretty person isn't damaged so they're attractive as a future mate.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:45 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

~Mike (is average...)
Great solution ....now where do I find some 80 year olds to hang out with so I look young by comparison????

Old 02-08-2009, 07:47 PM

647 posts, read 2,083,331 times
I am somewhat jealous of good-looking people but, I worried more about when I was in my teens/early 20's. I do often wonder what it would be like if I was really handsome, hot, or whatever the term is.......I just try to maximize what I have to work with and, at the same time, strive to develop my character for the better. I suppose that no matter who you are, there'll always be those better looking, wealthier, better athletes, smarter, etc....than I am. I just have to accept it and take care of the things that are within my control.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
omg that is so insensitive but I've seen a lot of people do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post

~Mike (is average...)

Old 02-08-2009, 08:55 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,233,609 times
I used to know a young guy who was so homely people pointed at him. Then I got my first real job and worked in the same office as he did. He was a right smart cookie, and I forgot how homely he was.

A few years later I went to work for him at his own business. He was making big bucks and a name for himself. I'm sure nobody noticed he was homely. It just didn't show through his self-confidence.

He went on to become CEO of a major metropolitan newspaper, then of a large chain of commercial broadcast stations, then of a major chain of banks, and finally of a credit card company. We're talking major multi-millionaire now -- yachts, mansions, the good life. And I'll bet he looks pretty darn good to anyone who meets him. The big ears and nose just add "character".

If you want to be jealous of someone's good looks, knock yourself out, but good looks are fleeting. The guys (and gals) who look good at 20 often don't at 40, and the ones who look homely at 20 sometimes look darned good at 30 or 40.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... he had a knock-out wife when I first met him. I could never figure out how he landed such a babe. I've since figured it out. Confidence. He oozed self-confidence.

I was one of those good-looking 20-year-olds, btw, but by 40 my waistline was getting thick and my hair was getting thin. But I attracted women at that age much more than I did in my youth. Again, I suspect it was self-confidence.

Last edited by WyoNewk; 02-08-2009 at 09:25 PM..

Old 02-08-2009, 08:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
its called coveting.

Tenth Commandment: Thou Shalt Not Covet - Analysis of the Ten Commandments

Old 02-08-2009, 09:00 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
One of my friends has women throwing themselves at him wherever he goes while im with him and the girls act like im invisbile and im thinkign to myself how much easier things would be if i was good looking

Id trade places with him in a second to get that type of attention..And dont tell me its whats inside blah blah blah,neither men or women look at whats inside you when they first meet you there has to be some physical attraction to get your foot in the door..

Id love to se for one day how it is to be good looking rather then ugly or medicore or average whatever iam now where i have to hope 1 out of every 30 girls may like me..
How old are you? As long as you aren't ugly and have bad breath, you still have a good chance with the girls. Work on your confidence, charm and develop a sense of humour. Make them laugh and feel good about themselves, and they will flock around you also. Good looks only go so far. But obviously your good looking friend also has confidence and charm from having interacted with so many girls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships