Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:52 AM

291 posts, read 610,975 times

Advertisements

hi there
can someone help me please-im just curious at the moment.
Ok well i first begun speaking to this girl online in July but we lost contact for a few months until she got back in contact with me two weeks ago. I do not really know her that well but she seems like a really nice girl. For some reason i really want to meet her in person, the problem is that she lives in Australia and i live in London. I dont think that I should be feeling this way about this person so im trying to be real about the situation and see it for what it really is but i seem to think about her much more than i should. Im at a point where I have been thinking about getting another job so that i can pay for her to visit me.
Just in case i still feel like i want to met her in person, what are some of the difficulties that could be faced with meeting someone online from another country?
what is the right way to arrange meeting someone online, because i feel very clueless about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 08:30 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
Love has no distance.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:32 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
hi there
can someone help me please-im just curious at the moment.
Ok well i first begun speaking to this girl online in July but we lost contact for a few months until she got back in contact with me two weeks ago. I do not really know her that well but she seems like a really nice girl. For some reason i really want to meet her in person, the problem is that she lives in Australia and i live in London. I dont think that I should be feeling this way about this person so im trying to be real about the situation and see it for what it really is but i seem to think about her much more than i should. Im at a point where I have been thinking about getting another job so that i can pay for her to visit me.
Just in case i still feel like i want to met her in person, what are some of the difficulties that could be faced with meeting someone online from another country?
what is the right way to arrange meeting someone online, because i feel very clueless about it?
Bro!?

Save your money man. Seriously.

I have read your thoughts on here before. You seem like a nice guy that is running around with your heart on your shoulders.

You need to meet someone face to face and spend every minute you can with her in person. There is no better advice I can give than that.

She lives there and you live here. Leave it alone. Unless she is willing to come live in your city so you guys can get to know one another, I would never recommend a long distance relationship.

I dated my wife on the phone. She was only 1 hour away from me. We talked for hours on the phone. I thought I knew her inside and out. I didn't. You can't see the body language.

I wouldn't do any pursuing of this relationship if I were you. Find some sites that have only local girls.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Someone I know had been conversing via email with a girl from Ukraine. He had to give that up because it was costing him too much money to send and read the emails (they go through a translation service). He was never going to have the money to go to Ukraine to meet her and was not going to spend the money on a ticket to fly her here to the U.S. - not that he could afford to do that either - and how do you trust that someone's not taking you for a ride if you do send a ticketor money.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:29 AM

well i just spoke to her online almost 20 minutes ago, and i said to her that i wanted things to feel a bit more real so i asked her if we could speak on the phone and she said something like ''i dont have a phone because i am mad at the phone company so there fore i wont pay my bill and they turned my phone off''.....which to me didnt sound very believable. So now im starting to think that either she isnt interested in me or she is not who she says that she is.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:37 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
If you can type with more than your thumbs, I predict you'll succeed.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
If you can type with more than your thumbs, I predict you'll succeed.
what does that mean?

Old 03-02-2009, 10:43 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew83 View Post
well i just spoke to her online almost 20 minutes ago, and i said to her that i wanted things to feel a bit more real so i asked her if we could speak on the phone and she said something like ''i dont have a phone because i am mad at the phone company so there fore i wont pay my bill and they turned my phone off''.....which to me didnt sound very believable. So now im starting to think that either she isnt interested in me or she is not who she says that she is.
She's probably really a ...... MAN!!!

Come on, in all honesty - who doesn't have a phone? I can understand not having a house phone (land line), but everybody and their infant octuplets has a cell phone!

Old 03-02-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
She's probably really a ...... MAN!!!

Come on, in all honesty - who doesn't have a phone? I can understand not having a house phone (land line), but everybody and their infant octuplets has a cell phone!
i know, ur right.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Well I met my husband online and we were from different countries so it can work. But you're right, that phone excuse sounds shady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships