Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:06 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,019,909 times

Advertisements

So, a few days ago, my husband set up a Facebook profile. Within a day, he had befriended his ex-fiance and they've been IM'ing and sending emails back and forth.

He told me that he wouldn't talk to her if I didn't want him to, but I don't want to be that kind of person (telling him what he can and can't do). But, at the same time, I'm pretty annoyed by the whole situation. Supposedly things ended on a bad note for them, so I don't really understand why he'd want to reconnect with her now.

Just curious what others' take on this situation might be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 02:09 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,934,926 times
Maybe he is just trying to tie up some loose ends as to why they split up (was it me, was it you)

Old 02-25-2009, 02:10 PM

648 posts, read 1,641,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
So, a few days ago, my husband set up a Facebook profile. Within a day, he had befriended his ex-fiance and they've been IM'ing and sending emails back and forth.

He told me that he wouldn't talk to her if I didn't want him to, but I don't want to be that kind of person (telling him what he can and can't do). But, at the same time, I'm pretty annoyed by the whole situation. Supposedly things ended on a bad note for them, so I don't really understand why he'd want to reconnect with her now.

Just curious what others' take on this situation might be.
I would say there shouldn't be any reason that is needs to talk to her unless they had children together. Clearly it bothers you and he shouldn't talk to her out of respect for you.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:13 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Set up your own Facebook account and invite both of them to be your friend...that should take care of most of it.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:14 PM

648 posts, read 1,641,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Set up your own Facebook account and invite both of them to be your friend...that should take care of most of it.
good idea!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:17 PM

I already have my own account and we're listed as married... all that good stuff. I've had mine set up for a while now. One of our friends tagged me in a picture from her wedding. His ex saw the last name and asked in the comment section if I was married to him. I said something to him about it, and he set up an account the next day.

To be fair, he had talked about setting up a page to stay in touch w/friends and family from our hometown. But, I guess the timing just seems like a big coincidence.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:28 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
I already have my own account and we're listed as married... all that good stuff. I've had mine set up for a while now. One of our friends tagged me in a picture from her wedding. His ex saw the last name and asked in the comment section if I was married to him. I said something to him about it, and he set up an account the next day.

To be fair, he had talked about setting up a page to stay in touch w/friends and family from our hometown. But, I guess the timing just seems like a big coincidence.
Even better! Just send her a friend request and be her cyber BFF If anything is going on it will be hard to have much energy with you looking over their shoulder!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:32 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
It might not be too soon to mention to hubby that it bothers you just a bit.

I wouldn't be too concerned unless it drags on. I get an email every year or two from my ex-fiancee and I always answer it. I'd write to her more often, but I don't want her to start getting ideas that I'm interested, plus I don't think my wife would appreciate it.

They have a history, apparently liked each other in the past, and I think it's only natural to wonder how each is doing. Like I wonder how my ex's mother is doing. And I wanted to let her know that my parents both passed away. *shrugs* A little contact now and then isn't a bad thing, but it shouldn't go past that.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:34 PM

19,770 posts, read 22,673,762 times
Oooh, if I did something like that? Can you say the Bobbit treatment?

After that she would more than likely divorce me. So in effect, I would both penniless and penisless.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:45 PM

He definitely knows that I'm not thrilled w/him chatting with her. I'm trying not to act psycho or anything... unfortunately, I can be petty and passive aggressive (but, hey, at least I'm honest about it ). So, I'm trying to downplay things a little, and I guess it's not really working. I just don't get it... I was previously engaged too, and I have absolutely no desire to contact him for any reason; let alone carry on a 3-day chat.

And as far as befriending her? That's not gonna happen... please refer to the previous paragraph where I mention I'm petty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships