Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:20 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,031,690 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, so I'm apparently on a posting roll

OK, so apparently the story is this guy I was seeing last year who really hurt my feelings & who was supposed to graduate in December is still haunting our college campus w/ his presence. I have personally run into him a few times & finally spoke w/ him on one occasion, found out he is going to medical school next fall out of state & I told him congratulations. We went our separate ways after being civil to one another, I told my closest friend about it & she went ballistic, saying that she would have "cussed him out" "why did I talk to that ass?" , etc. etc.

A few of my girlfriends have seen him here & they constantly are reporting seeing him to me. It really bothers me, even though they say that everytime they see him, he averts his eyes, runs the other way or "acts scared" of them, esp. my closest friend. She said it's because he knows that she won't take any of his "sh*t like I did" (her words, not mine). But my friends also try to act bold around guys I'm with, like they "will beat him up" if he "tried" anything.

I also never happen to be w/ him whenever they run into him at the library or student center. Why are they telling me this? I'm already over him & I never talk about the guys that did my closest friend wrong. Sorry this is so long-winded but should I give them the benefit of the doubt or is there an underlying message that they/my closest friend is trying to convey?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 11:21 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,742,020 times
And I'm stalking you.

The only thing you need to tell your friends is Knock it Off. I don't want to hear about him.

Old 04-02-2009, 11:22 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,031,690 times
I know right, I did that but every now & again...they will still mention him. I'm just like "Shut up! I'm over it!"

Old 04-02-2009, 11:32 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,869,130 times
Default Why does she keep bringing him up?

Ok...have you ever watched "Gossip Girl"?? 90210? From what little bit I have seen of both shows, you sound like you are in the middle of both! Girls like to talk, girls like drama and fortunate for you, you seem mature enough to speak civily to your ex and carry on with your life.

Wanna have some fun with your drama oriented friends? Get a T-shirt...a plain one of any color and some iron on letters. Iron the letters on to read...."Been there, done HIM, got the T-Shirt". Maybe they will stop with the childish gossiping..LOL

Old 04-02-2009, 11:59 AM

335 posts, read 1,113,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Ok...have you ever watched "Gossip Girl"?? 90210? From what little bit I have seen of both shows, you sound like you are in the middle of both! Girls like to talk, girls like drama and fortunate for you, you seem mature enough to speak civily to your ex and carry on with your life.

Wanna have some fun with your drama oriented friends? Get a T-shirt...a plain one of any color and some iron on letters. Iron the letters on to read...."Been there, done HIM, got the T-Shirt". Maybe they will stop with the childish gossiping..LOL
I agree!!

For every time they mention him tell them that you don't care!! They will get the point eventually.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:12 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Wow!

Your friends need to get a life apparently.

Hope you find some new friends soon.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Are you in junior high because you and your friends seem to be incredibly immature and hostile people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Hi everyone, so I'm apparently on a posting roll

OK, so apparently the story is this guy I was seeing last year who really hurt my feelings & who was supposed to graduate in December is still haunting our college campus w/ his presence. I have personally run into him a few times & finally spoke w/ him on one occasion, found out he is going to medical school next fall out of state & I told him congratulations. We went our separate ways after being civil to one another, I told my closest friend about it & she went ballistic, saying that she would have "cussed him out" "why did I talk to that ass?" , etc. etc.

A few of my girlfriends have seen him here & they constantly are reporting seeing him to me. It really bothers me, even though they say that everytime they see him, he averts his eyes, runs the other way or "acts scared" of them, esp. my closest friend. She said it's because he knows that she won't take any of his "sh*t like I did" (her words, not mine). But my friends also try to act bold around guys I'm with, like they "will beat him up" if he "tried" anything.

I also never happen to be w/ him whenever they run into him at the library or student center. Why are they telling me this? I'm already over him & I never talk about the guys that did my closest friend wrong. Sorry this is so long-winded but should I give them the benefit of the doubt or is there an underlying message that they/my closest friend is trying to convey?

Old 04-02-2009, 12:15 PM

Absolutely, what is the deal with women scapegoating a guy or a dude? It seems to be a trend in our society. Then when you confront them they deny everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Wow!

Your friends need to get a life apparently.

Hope you find some new friends soon.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:26 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,959,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Absolutely, what is the deal with women scapegoating a guy or a dude? It seems to be a trend in our society. Then when you confront them they deny everything.
"How am I scapegoating you?"

"How is that trend in our society?"

Yeah, I have been with a woman like that for too long my friend. As soon as you call them out on something they do those questions as if it's not true or they want to know what you know.

They are all crazy!!!

Women are like pretty flowers in a field. They are beautiful and smell great. They add to the scenery and it is breath taking...

NEVER! I mean, NEVER pick one and take them home with you!! EVER!!! Leave them be and enjoy them from a distance!!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:43 PM

Ya man I'm asexual and never date chicks but ya man they do that all the time even to an innocent guy like me that doesn't want to be associated with them, they always seem to be grinding an ax on men for some reasons, then they wonder why men and women have poor dysfunctional relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
"How am I scapegoating you?"

"How is is that trend in our society?"

Yeah, I have been with a woman like that for too long my friend. As soon as you call them out on something they do those questions as if it's not true or they want to know what you know.

They are all crazy!!!

Women are like pretty flowers in a field. They are beautiful and smell great. They add to the scenery and it is breath taking...

NEVER! I mean, NEVER pick one and take them home with you!! EVER!!! Leave them be and enjoy them from a distance!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships