Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 05:38 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,440,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I guess key word being "object", I don't consider myself an object. Body parts are objects, but they are attached to a person.
Someone with a foot fetish, for example, is consumed with the foot, not the person attached to it. I just found it offensive, but to each his own.

There are men who have a fetish for Tall/Big women (aka amazons)...that would be me. Am I offended by it, no. Just the way it is.

But like you said, to each their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 05:45 PM

3,979 posts, read 7,714,238 times
would that mean they have a "preference" for tall women?? hard to say, I've seen shows on fetishes, and they have usually involved a body part or something, not a real connection to the person.
Perhaps it was the way the OP worded the comment. It made me feel weird, I guess. because I'm used to the word "fetish" meaning an adoration for a thing or idea, not a person. Races are people, not skin color "objects" walking around.
I guess I could look at it this way: if a person has a "fetish" for black women, maybe it's just the skin color and not the person, so the person could look like a black, female version of John Madden, and it wouldn't matter because the skin is dark. but if the person looked like Gabrielle Union, then it could be safe to say the attraction is her as a black woman, not just her skin? (ok, it may only make sense to me! oh well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
There are men who have a fetish for Tall/Big women (aka amazons)...that would be me. Am I offended by it, no. Just the way it is.

But like you said, to each their own.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:11 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,057,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Yes LionKing is correct.

Then let the games begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GoD you women are sexy!!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41N1HEY09ZL.jpg

http://www.devab.us/catalog/Domina-212.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-17-2009, 12:21 AM

893 posts, read 1,584,267 times
So in anyones opinion, is there something wrong with a fetish, and can it be stopped?

Old 03-17-2009, 09:32 AM

167 posts, read 479,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanko75 View Post
So in anyones opinion, is there something wrong with a fetish, and can it be stopped?
No, nothing wrong with it. As long as it isn't illegal or dangerous & consensual why would you want to stop something that gives you pleasure?

Old 03-17-2009, 09:45 AM

893 posts, read 1,584,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiling_nurse View Post
No, nothing wrong with it. As long as it isn't illegal or dangerous & consensual why would you want to stop something that gives you pleasure?
Well I know mine cant be stopped that why its a fetish. I was just trying to see what others thought about it, particularily their own fetishes. Is it footprinted in them?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:01 AM

331 posts, read 1,387,060 times
Quote:
Well I know mine cant be stopped that why its a fetish. I was just trying to see what others thought about it, particularily their own fetishes. Is it footprinted in them?
from what i have seen, it seems to be. i have fetishes, but with how out of hand some of this thread is getting i'm keeping my mouth shut

all i will say is everyone i know that shares the fetishes i have (yes, there are websites devoted to them) the majority of members in them have had it since childhood, of course it did not become a fetish until after reaching puberty.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:46 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,440,674 times
Quote:

Don't know. My husband and I are currently trying to figure out if it can be stopped or if it even needs to be stopped. They're a non-issue or us right now as we both enjoy participating in them for each other, but our concern is long term.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:35 PM

13,635 posts, read 21,457,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
I guess key word being "object", I don't consider myself an object. Body parts are objects, but they are attached to a person.
Someone with a foot fetish, for example, is consumed with the foot, not the person attached to it. I just found it offensive, but to each his own.
You being black,probably have met either a black woman or man that dated only white or visa versa,I'd say that is more preference than a fetish.

While some may have a fetish in the sense that is all they can be turned on by for me as a example have always been a boob lover and voluptuous lover.While I do and can find women not like that attractive there is no denying that a round curvy body with cleevage sets my sensations on fire.And what's wrong with that?...nothing.I like what I like.

Of course the person they are matters also,it is not just her body parts that matter,but there is that physical attraction that does matter.So is it a fetish?,in a loose term yes,in textbook terms no because personality and all that still matter.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:57 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,803,376 times
I agree with the Nurse. Why stop a consensual act that is "good" for both of you. Nothing is good if it means you HAVE to have it. Hell coffee included. Explore some other things and see what else ticks your clock. You might be surprised.

Haha. Keep in mind I don't mean at the gym where it is random women; but at home when she is on the tread mill or weights(OOOooweeee Man.) I guess that is a fetish. I just don't have to be in the gym room to enjoy myself.

Have fun, enjoy your kinks, get crazy, but keep it legit, don't let anything control you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships