Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,622,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Ugh, went for about an hour and had a good time...had a few drinks, good food but was very cold in a strapless gown...forgot my pashmina. My friend did not come...she was in WWIII with her almost ex husband. I am still waiting for her so we can get painting
Well at least now you get to hang out with your real friends!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 PM

19,881 posts, read 22,788,323 times
rhymes with 'blubber'?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Nobody's telling me. Eh, the fear, the fear...

Old 03-13-2009, 08:20 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,476,368 times
WOW, I'm kind of shocked that so many think of a condom only as a mood killer.

Have any of you met someone in the later stanges of AIDS?? Now there's a mood killer. I met a man who was covered with the cancerous lesions and fighting pneumonia associated with the disease.

That of course is the worse case scenario, how about all the STDs that men can carry and not know it and then pass on to their lover. I assume you all know what PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) is?? It can render a woman unable to have children and she never know she has it, all because condoms are a mood killer.

What about getting pregnant unexpectedly, bringing a life into this world you didn't want with someone you may or may not want to be attached to for the rest of your life.

For me personally, I have a child to raise, I plan on being here as long as posible. If I was with a man who was pushy about NOT using condoms, he wouldn't be around for long.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

Have any of you met someone in the later stanges of AIDS?? Now there's a mood killer. I met a man who was covered with the cancerous lesions and fighting pneumonia associated with the disease.

That of course is the worse case scenario, how about all the STDs that men can carry and not know it and then pass on to their lover. I assume you all know what PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) is?? It can render a woman unable to have children and she never know she has it, all because condoms are a mood killer.

What about getting pregnant unexpectedly, bringing a life into this world you didn't want with someone you may or may not want to be attached to for the rest of your life.

For me personally, I have a child to raise, I plan on being here as long as posible. If I was with a man who was pushy about NOT using condoms, he wouldn't be around for long.
That's for the obsessed (I'm definitely FOR birth control, though) or those attracted to scum. And AIDS is for gay men to worry about.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:25 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,622,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

Well of course I used them when I was single. And also doubled up with birth control pill. They still stink and I would of rather not used them, but I did.

But being married, I'm thankful I don't have to use them anymore.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:26 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,517,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
AIDS is for gay men to worry about.

Have you been drinking? You are a tad snippy tonight

Old 03-13-2009, 08:28 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
LIke Austin Powers would say, Condoms are for sailors baby!!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:29 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,405,013 times
Default Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
This goes out to all of you who are of have been in a relationship that started great and you were smart enough to practice safe sex. My question is, at what point do you get rid of the [mod cut] and enjoy sex like it was meant to be? What do you do to prepare yourself, and your partner, for this? Do you just come out and say during dinner, do you have herpes? What's the best way to go about do this?
The best way to go about this is to trust your partner. Sex is not secure (in or out of marriage). The very nature of it is a "risk" because (sorry for the religious tone here) its intention is to procreate within marriage or a monogomous relationship. The pleasure is just a really, really, nice side-effect. Once cheating occurs, or any other outside sexual force that exposes one partner, then a web begins to spread and the "risk" multiplies.

Trust, honesty, monogomy (if each person is already std-free) respect, and loyalty are values that make sex secure. It's always smart to ask questions and practice safe sex, but ultimately it's the trust and respect that you have for one another that will keep each of you from engaging in dangerous activities outside of your relationship and in secret from each other. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post

Well whatever you want to call it, the Love Glove, the Salami Sling, to me their nothing but a mood killer
The little guy is too cute!!

Old 03-13-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post

Have you been drinking? You are a tad snippy tonight
More snippy than usual?! I AM drinking, but it's more likely due to the withdrawal at work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships