Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:25 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Fire away gal! But....when someone else starts a thread about a subject, its usually about THEM.
Thanks....for callin` me a gem!
You're welcome!

Think I might need a little look at the yankeegirl TOS though, if you could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 12:27 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,659,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
You're welcome!

Think I might need a little look at the yankeegirl TOS though, if you could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated!
Nah..... You do a fine job!

Old 03-29-2009, 12:29 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,898,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puru View Post
Some of my male friends I've known for years and I think there's a good chance they'll be around for a while (but then again, they're also my brother's friends). My brother and I have a very good friend who moved halfway across the country last year when he graduated from college and his family relocated, and although I talk to him less I feel like he'll still be there if I need him to be, as a friend.

Really, when it comes down to it, I think it depends on the friend and the person.
Then again, most of my male friends see me as "just one of the guys".

And Tool kicks arse. :]
Me too! And yes they do kick butt don't they?

Old 03-29-2009, 12:37 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,659,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
Yeah, definitely would rather know the truth. And I did ask him if he wanted to still be friends. Just have to wait for an answer. But I was thinking about other guys I know and how sometimes, when they are in a relationship, they are very careful to kind of keep a respectful distance in our conversation, sometimes interject a more formal, polite tone that wasn't there before, and then I feel like I can't talk about certain things or joke around too much.

And just to clarify, these are platonic male friends I'm talking about. I'm not after them or maintaining contact with them in the hopes of something more.
YEP!

Old 03-29-2009, 02:41 PM

19,613 posts, read 12,212,859 times
My closest friends have mostly been guys. I've lost some over wives and gfs and kept some. Some have come back after their relationships ended and I've been fine with it, others no way. It depends on the people and situation. If my best friend right now pulled that, I would not tolerate it. We have been through too much together to throw it away over anyone. It would be devastating.

Women are always warned about jealousy being a red flag in men but men just kind of expect and put up with this pettiness out of women - bad, bad, bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships