Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 10:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Maybe after a few drinks and when I figure out a way to make it PG13
OK, it's clear. It's all about the hay! Many, many bails of hay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 10:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i set boundaries but that means staying at home alone alot. but im very healthy and so are my relationships. my theory is people that CDF post 40 hrs + a week have terrific boundaries and healthy relationships.they are nurturing and strengthening those relationships every minute. it just keeps getting better.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
but im very healthy and so are my relationships.
Heh, so are my relationships with my house, car, PC, etc... Granted, all of them pis* me off once in a while, but not nearly as often.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
OK, it's clear. It's all about the hay! Many, many bails of hay!
You are a wise woman

Old 03-29-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
You are a wise woman
Small wonder you produced so many little bails of hay... Are they enough for a team in some sport or do you need to add up? I don't know much about sports...

Old 03-29-2009, 10:32 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Small wonder you produced so many little bails of hay... Are they enough for a team in some sport or do you need to add up? I don't know much about sports...
I don't think so...not enough for basketball, baseball, lacrosse...I am not having more to make a team though

Old 03-29-2009, 10:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Heh, so are my relationships with my house, car, PC, etc... Granted, all of them pis* me off once in a while, but not nearly as often.
relationships nurturing & strengthening and relationships with the inantimate hmmm, house car PC well that is a good start but did you ever think of the cemetary. let me tell you they never interrupt, raise their voice, very patient, never make a mistake,know their assigned task and do it flawlessly 24/7. total dependability, & talk about a good sense of order. im telling you there is an avalanche of opportunity there for drawing closer & nurturing those healthy relationships. go where you wana go do what you wana do adams family ---sing it.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-29-2009 at 10:43 PM..

Old 03-29-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
relationships nurturing & strengthening and relationships with the inantimate hmmm, house car PC well that is a good start but did you ever think of the cemetary. let me tell you they never interrupt, raise their voice, very patient, never make a mistake,know their assigned task and do it flawlessly 24/7. total dependability, & talk about a good sense of order. im telling you there is an avalanche of opportunity there for drawing closer & nurturing those healthy relationships. go where you wana go do what you wana do adams family ---sing it.
Ha-ha, you remind me of an episode of Boston Legal. There was this woman having "relationships" with inanimate objects. I think I'll pass on the cemeteries for now...

Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
You gotta make it a point - no matter how busy life gets - to carve out some real quality time together. No easy task, which just makes it that much more rewarding when you do. If I can't physically spend time with someone in my life, then I want to still make sure they know how blessed I am to have them in my world.

This is going to sound oh-so-hokey, but I am a card sender. I never really used to be, but when my husband got sick, my mother & I had been in a pretty bad tiff. When she found out through my sister about how far things had slid down hill - and that death was imminent, my mom started sending me cards. There was a month there where I was getting at least 4-5 cards a week.

I realized that while my mom had no trouble dishing out the negative zingers, it was really hard for her to verbalize an apology and loving words. But the kindness poured out of her in those cards; and made me see that sometimes, we need a little help to say what's deep inside. Since then, if I know someone close to me is going through a tough time, I send a card & let them know I care - even if they aren't ready or able to talk. I make certain to include a msg. that when they are ready, I'll be there.

Old 03-29-2009, 11:10 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,926 times
Tell them they are important. It's easy to be "busy", to assume the other person "knows" how you feel. If I have a friend a value - I tell them the friendship is important to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships