Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:54 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,315,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyandScary View Post
Well I have dug up an old post from yellowsnow 05-19-2007
//www.city-data.com/forum/other...s-irl-men.html

It made me laugh, but just wondering years later
do City Data Women still feel the same way ?
Whoever the op is was working it. It also sounds like she works with builders or road workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 06:40 AM

78,589 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I agree. There are quite a few quality people of both genders around these forums.
Was the "a" in your sentence a typo?
Just kidding! Have a good week.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:41 AM

7,004 posts, read 21,356,568 times
You are one, my fine feathered friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I agree. There are quite a few quality people of both genders around these forums.

Old 04-01-2009, 07:01 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,502,870 times
I am the same away from CityData as i am at CityData. Articulate,curious,eager to learn, eager to share knowledge, laid back and at times, humorous. I dont think I say anything on CityData that I wouldnt say in real life. At least I try not to. I must admit that I find the level of intelligence shown by the ladies on City Data to be quite high. Therefore stimulating to me. In my opinion, an intelligent, articulate woman is just about the sexiest thing around. Intelligence, the ability to participate in a good conversation and a grasp of current events and world events are what will bring me back for a second look. I frequent the relationship forum alot because this is where I have found that level of stimulation. Rather than the political forum where it seems to be argumentative rather than intelligent.There are several ladies here on the relationship forum that REALLY pique my curiosity [are you listening SIERRAAZ] and if I were single I would hate myself for not at least trying to get to know them better.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:27 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,664,943 times
I have a theory on this too. I think the women of CD are just so wonderful they bring out the best in the male posters.

(Ok, that's my sickeningly sweet comment of the day ... said with tongue-in-cheek.)

I don't think that all people who post to forums are introverts. That may have been true in the 90s, but the internet has become a part of all of our lives, extroverts too.

Most of the people I interact with on a daily basis would probably be surprised to learn I'm an introvert.. I have the Irish love for prattle and bs in me. At the end of the day, I do like to reflect and look inward though... so no matter how much I carry on, I'm still an introvert at heart.

I agree with Sierra. There really are some quality people here -- male and female. I enjoy reading comments from people from a range of ages and backgrounds. At its best, this place is like a huge rocking bar in some ultra urban setting with a marvelously diverse clientele. I almost always feel that the time I spend here is time well spent.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:44 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,130,563 times
Alot of people are totally different people online to what they are offline. Some are totally the same person. I'm fairly similar in real life. I'm met many great people here, and some not so great. But I try to keep bad blood to a minimum or entirely absent - I never go out of my way to antagonize, but like any human being can sometimes only take so much.

Anyway, I think what people here share is a love of places and culture, and a curiosity about different places, which can only be a good thing! :-)

Old 04-01-2009, 09:08 AM

10,178 posts, read 20,805,444 times
The OP would probably discover that there are lot's of men in real life that are just as articulate and charismatic as others who are online. Let's face it, how often do some of the topics we discuss here on C-D come up in normal everyday conversations at the office? It's not so easy to casually ask your cube-mate what their opinions are on some of the topics we discuss here in a somewhat anonymous forum. You know how it's sometimes easier to share your problems with a complete stranger than those closest to you? Same applies online. You have a faceless (or not) person who lives 1,000 miles who you have no fear of judging you, so it is somewhat easier to let your thoughts flow freely. No strange looks, no one eaves dropping on your conversations (how many times have you relucted to discuss something with someone at work because someone else will be listening in?), no interruptions. You also have the gift of the backspace key, so you can catch yourself before you post something stupid (apparently not all of us have discovered the backspace key), in real life there is no backspace key, you say something stupid and it's out there.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:53 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,975,497 times
I think some of the men on here sound good cause you actually HAVE to give us a chance to speak.

Like right now...you cannot interrupt me...Haha! You have to continue to sit there and read everything I write even if you don't agree.

See. Like right now, you would be talking and I would have to stop talking but since I am on the computer, you have to keep reading. Hilarious.

My Dad is a great guy but I have noticed around my mother he says but 3 things. When he is with me, he opens up and talks about alot of stuff. Sometimes I wonder if my mother even knows some of the things he tells me.

So my advise is "LISTEN LADIES."

Old 04-01-2009, 12:17 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,006,903 times
And we men have the chance to express ourselves on the subject, if we want to, when we want to. I know that I'm not always in the mood to discuss 'relationship' issues. But thanks to CD I'm able to come in, leave my stamp on a thread, and be on to the next thing!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:20 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,562,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I think some of the men on here sound good cause you actually HAVE to give us a chance to speak.

Like right now...you cannot interrupt me...Haha! You have to continue to sit there and read everything I write even if you don't agree.

See. Like right now, you would be......
Nuh uh! You've had your chance to speak, now it's MY turn!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships