Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 05:21 PM

393 posts, read 1,218,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
The same used to be said about homosexuality. In fact the gradual acceptance of pedophilia is following a virtually identical progression to that of homosexuality.

At one time the punishment for homosexuality was execution. Then it was downgraded to imprisonment. Over time sentences got shorter and shorter. Eventually criminal laws were not enforced or taken off the books. Gradually public opinion changed from ostracism and abuse to acceptance. And now we're very close to redefining marriage.

The same is happening with pedophilia. Long gone are the executions and lengthy prison sentences (with the rare exception of extreme cases). Most pedophiles get a slap on the wrist from the state. Public opinion is varied but most view pedophilia as a disease that can be treated.

Give it another 30 years or so and I'm willing to bet adults having sex with children will be considered just another sexual orientation, that you're born that way, and that it's perfectly natural.
I'll bet you $100,000,000 that you are completely wrong.

Religious nutjobs are always convinced that the world is getting worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 05:24 PM

306 posts, read 531,622 times
Of course it does. I began sexually experimenting at a very early age (5 or 6). I have been very sexually open pretty much my whole life. I don't have a problem with casual sex or sex without love or commitment etc. This is no doubt because of childhood experiences.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:43 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,560,755 times
Any form of abuse has the potential to stay with you.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:00 PM

598 posts, read 2,076,234 times
You are just totally, totally wrong about that. Google 1) "civil committments" and "sex offenders" 2) "GPS" and "sex offenders" 3) "legal penalities" and "sex offenders" 4) "MDO law" and "sex offenders"

Read.

Repost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuinlalaland View Post
The same used to be said about homosexuality. In fact the gradual acceptance of pedophilia is following a virtually identical progression to that of homosexuality.

At one time the punishment for homosexuality was execution. Then it was downgraded to imprisonment. Over time sentences got shorter and shorter. Eventually criminal laws were not enforced or taken off the books. Gradually public opinion changed from ostracism and abuse to acceptance. And now we're very close to redefining marriage.

The same is happening with pedophilia. Long gone are the executions and lengthy prison sentences (with the rare exception of extreme cases). Most pedophiles get a slap on the wrist from the state. Public opinion is varied but most view pedophilia as a disease that can be treated.

Give it another 30 years or so and I'm willing to bet adults having sex with children will be considered just another sexual orientation, that you're born that way, and that it's perfectly natural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships