Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 11:02 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Well actually I was molested much younger at about 8 by a woman.I said something to my Mom about it after I became an adult.My Mom says well I see her all the time and she has never told me of this Mom this is something you don't tell.

She is one I think my Mom was having an affair with.

hillman
Holy Crap Dude!!!

I think you need to write a book or see a doctor.

Wow!! I think the doctor will need to lay down too.

Sorry bout all that. Sheesh.

My friend told me a few weeks or maybe a month after we were becoming friends that he was molested as a child. I never knew why he came out and told me that. However, he is the type that has the "gay" actions. You know, the signs. He won't come out and admit it but I know he is in my heart. I think he is afraid of losing our friendship cause I am so opposed to gay people. He is married with 4 kids. Has sex with his wife every night. Twice on Sunday.
I think there is a trend. When you are molested you become gay. I'm not sure why. Maybe because you, Hillman, were with a woman you stayed straight. Your brother on the other hand was with a man.
Whatever the case, get some help Bro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 07:42 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Yep.
I was raped at 8 and sometimes have issues when it comes to sex.
I liked girls before the rape and I get really offended when people ask me if I'm a lesbian because I was raped.
Rape does not discriminate based on sexual orientation. I know plenty of straight girls who have been raped or molested just like I know plenty of lesbians who were raped and/or molested.

I think because I was raped, I was lot more interested in sex than my peers. I was always somewhat of a little sexpert. I also read up a lot on puberty and sex when I was around 9 or 10.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
How old was the guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
Yep.
I was raped at 8 and sometimes have issues when it comes to sex.
I liked girls before the rape and I get really offended when people ask me if I'm a lesbian because I was raped.
Rape does not discriminate based on sexual orientation. I know plenty of straight girls who have been raped or molested just like I know plenty of lesbians who were raped and/or molested.

I think because I was raped, I was lot more interested in sex than my peers. I was always somewhat of a little sexpert. I also read up a lot on puberty and sex when I was around 9 or 10.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,857,657 times
I will say the my parents love and respect for each other influenced my life in terms of finding a partner to share my life. They were happy together and my wife and I feel the same.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:55 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Will you share that love and respect with us on the forum? We want to learn how to have great relationships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
I will say the my parents love and respect for each other influenced my life in terms of finding a partner to share my life. They were happy together and my wife and I feel the same.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:19 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
That being said, most of the girls I know who have, later in life, let me know they were molested, seem kind of frigid. Two of them have given me more graphic details. They are educated, attractive, intelligent and generally high functioning. For some women that appear to be promiscuous, I suspect that this also might be the case.

So, yes, I do believe that what happens in the formative years colors behavior as an adult, sexual or otherwise.
Being molested as a child definitely can cause many issues in peoples lives later on, and I'm sure it does affect how they view sex later on in life.

But not always. Thankfully, some of us were able to completely overcome it.

Last edited by ChessieMom; 04-02-2009 at 09:29 PM..

Old 04-02-2009, 09:23 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yeah, we drag everything over the mud on this sub-forum, yet people are acting as if they're in shock. Watch Oprah or any of those shows. Oprah claims to have been abused by a relative and has a definite "soft spot" for this topic. For girls, it's 1 in 7 and for boys, it's 1 in 14...at least, that's what the experts on these talk shows say.
The stats I've read put the rates at about twice that, but we might be talking about different scenarios.

I've had at least three long-term relationships with women who were victims of childhood sexual abuse. I also helped my late wife co-write a book about survivors of childhood sexual abuse. She was a victim and interviewed many other victims. My current wife, who was sexually abused by her father from the age of 2, and I were moderators for a website to help victims of sexual abuse overcome their life-changing experiences.

I'd have to agree that what happens in our childhoods does NOT stay in our childhoods by any means. If you were sexually abused as a child and now have a "normal" adult life, you are to be commended. Many, many people never get over it. That's what makes the crime so heinous.

Of course it's not just sexual abuse that warps people's lives. Abuse comes in many forms, and we're all creatures of our own life's experiences, especially those experiences from our early years.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:48 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
How old was the guy
He's a step cousin, he was 13.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:01 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
molestation can have a profound effect on kids, but that does not turn them gay.

many little girls were molested by men, and end up being gay anyways. would a repulsion to the molester then be the cause of homosexuality. if thats the case, then if a boy was molested by a man, he would be repulsed and then turn to women.

see how illogical that is. besides many boys grow up to be men without having been molested.

the only thing that is for sure is molestation can affect your later relationships.

now turning the focus to consentual sex while very young; does that affect a person sexuality later on in life?

i think so. i started young, and now i know what i like, what is appropriate and what works. are all my relationships sexual? no, some have been purely intimate.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
I think that molestation can affect one's views on sex and how they integrate it into their lives. I don't, however, think it would affect one's sexual orientation.

I'm guessing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships