Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 12:56 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Are you in junior high because you and your friends seem to be incredibly immature and hostile people.
Actually, I'm a college junior (about to be a senior at the end of this May), we are a mix of juniors & seniors...unfortunately, some of us don't behave like it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2009, 12:57 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
When I was in college I knew women like you and your friends. Very selfish and angry type of people that made my life very frustrating .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
Actually, I'm a college junior (about to be a senior at the end of this May), we are a mix of juniors & seniors...unfortunately, some of us don't behave like it though.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
When I was in college I knew women like you and your friends. Very selfish and angry type of people that made my life very frustrating .
It's funny you should mention that because my closest gf is always saying how I "get dates" & how men are scared of her & how there's no good men on campus...*sigh*. I just hate how everytime she says she sees my "ex", she's like "I don't know why he's scared of me" & says things like "A player knows another player...", then again she always says guys are scared of her.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:03 PM

You talk like your still in junior high.

Don't your friends ever talk about serious things like books, movies, music, food, thoughts, beliefs, emotions, politics, philosophy, religion, life, school subjects, etc. Ughhhhhhh......college people are soooo shallow and catty. I'm so glad I am OUT of college. So so very glad.

Quote:
It's funny you should mention that because my closest gf is always saying how I "get dates" & how men are scared of her & how there's no good men on campus...*sigh*. I just hate how everytime she says she sees my "ex", she's like "I don't know why he's scared of me" & says things like "A player knows another player...", then again she always says guys are scared of her.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
You talk like your still in junior high.

Don't your friends ever talk about serious things like books, movies, music, food, thoughts, beliefs, emotions, politics, philosophy, religion, life, school subjects, etc. Ughhhhhhh......college people are soooo shallow and catty. I'm so glad I am OUT of college. So so very glad.

Are you serious? Yes, we do talk about things other than guys. Jeez, get a grip. I was just making a statement on here. Anywho....

Old 04-02-2009, 01:13 PM

You and your friends are not ready to date, sorry but pick up a few books on relationships and learn some people skills.

Quote:
Are you serious? Yes, we do talk about things other than guys. Jeez, get a grip. I was just making a statement on here. Anywho....

Old 04-02-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
You and your friends are not ready to date, sorry but pick up a few books on relationships and learn some people skills.
Wow, um OK...well thankfully I'm above arguing in cyberspace.

Old 04-02-2009, 01:32 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,361,986 times
Quote:
Hi everyone, so I'm apparently on a posting roll

OK, so apparently the story is this guy I was seeing last year who really hurt my feelings & who was supposed to graduate in December is still haunting our college campus w/ his presence. I have personally run into him a few times & finally spoke w/ him on one occasion, found out he is going to medical school next fall out of state & I told him congratulations. We went our separate ways after being civil to one another, I told my closest friend about it & she went ballistic, saying that she would have "cussed him out" "why did I talk to that ass?" , etc. etc.

A few of my girlfriends have seen him here & they constantly are reporting seeing him to me. It really bothers me, even though they say that everytime they see him, he averts his eyes, runs the other way or "acts scared" of them, esp. my closest friend. She said it's because he knows that she won't take any of his "sh*t like I did" (her words, not mine). But my friends also try to act bold around guys I'm with, like they "will beat him up" if he "tried" anything.

I also never happen to be w/ him whenever they run into him at the library or student center. Why are they telling me this? I'm already over him & I never talk about the guys that did my closest friend wrong. Sorry this is so long-winded but should I give them the benefit of the doubt or is there an underlying message that they/my closest friend is trying to convey?
The underlying message they're trying not to convey is that they are jealous of you, living vicariously through you and manipulating you. Let me guess, you're the pretty one, right?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:08 PM

You can say that again, however, there are very pretty ladies that feel ugly and act jealous and manipulative because of their belief.

That is why I say they act like junior high kids. If the OP is smart she will check out some books or read some magazines that give out various advice on relationships and friendships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
The underlying message they're trying not to convey is that they are jealous of you, living vicariously through you and manipulating you. Let me guess, you're the pretty one, right?

Old 04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Your friends sound like they are just being overprotective of you. And maybe because you were so civilized to him that last time you bumped into him, they are afraid that you might still consider getting back with him. Sometimes when someone protests too much, it means they feel the opposite. So just ignore what they are saying and change the topic of conversation. I think that it's very mature of you to treat him in a neutral manner face to face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships