Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 02:16 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,130,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
Well, that one rates a resounding "huh"? A little more detail?

But, it does relate to something that annoys me: people trying to 'read' you. There is one person I work with who does that incessantly. If you don't walk in with a cheery grin and "tally ho everyone! isn't it a wonderful day!" she makes it her mission to find out what is wrong, even when told that it's none of her business. Therein follows a line of 20 questions: didn't you sleep well; did you have a fight with your spouse; maybe your iron level is low - here, take one of my One-A-Days. If you do walk in and have a cheerful manner, she wants to know what happened that made you happy - even to the extent of *smirking* and saying "boy, I bet you had some great sex before work, didn't you?"

It really makes you want to break out the duct tape for her mouth and then tie her to a chair and leave her in the closet until the end of the day
Well like um, many younger women/teenage girls kind of always behave like you are violating their personal space, even if you aren't. If a homeless man walks near them, some of them might whine something like 'get away from me, you creep!' I guess usually not that extreme, lol, but you know what I mean. Acting so superior that they treat others like lepers.

Another one I should add is people always taking things the wrong way - i guess being antagonistic. Always taking OFFENCE to things not meant that way...I'm sick of having to tip-toe around people, if you can't be secure in yourself that's your loss. Why can't people discuss anything without being so emotional and defensive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 03:20 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,039,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Well like um, many younger women/teenage girls kind of always behave like you are violating their personal space, even if you aren't.
Cool

All I can advise is that, with age comes subtlety (hopefully)

Old 04-05-2009, 02:57 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,219,625 times
Rudeness.

An unfounded trust in one's own righteousness.

Illiteracy.

Old 04-05-2009, 03:43 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,788,297 times
People that are mean to other people just to make themselves feel better. My neighbor out of the blue today was very mean to me, for no good reason. It made me feel sick all day and cry, even though I tried not to let it get to me.

People that pass judgement on others when they don't know that much about them. That was another thing she did. So much for being nice to people.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:12 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,748,747 times
I can't think of a trait that most people have that annoys me.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:51 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,720,428 times
Default people who

start with YOU by being aggressive or demanding, then when they don't get what they want from you they act as if YOU are the aggressor when THEY are the one who started it in the first place

people who claim your quietness and lack of being outgoing is "rude" or "not being fair to others", because "if I can be friendly and chatty to others, so can you"

accuse you of being ill informed about world events or politics, then when you ask them to give you the info about it they don't answer you but instead insinuate that you are ill informed and that they are on a project "trying to inform other people about what's going on in the world around them", making you feel like a penny cut in half and as big the period at the end of a sentence.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 AM

943 posts, read 2,283,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What annoying trait characteristic of most people annoys you the most?

For me it is uptightness...i see far too many frowns, and people desperately trying to protect their privacy or 'personal space'...also lots of people having no sense of humour, always tending towards the antagonistic - think rude shop assistants, road rage. Also tight-arsedness, and not giving slack and leeway.
Those same things annoy me too.

Snobs, anal to the max.

ANother thing that bugs me is people with no emotions, no yearning for anything greater who do not even have ideals. Who are cold icicles.

I also am annoyed by those who do not have any intellectual curiosity about anything.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 AM

10,178 posts, read 20,805,444 times
People who brag about themselves or their children constantly.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:30 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,468,031 times
People who don't pay attention to their surroundings

Old 04-06-2009, 04:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,988,843 times
I have an aunt that would do that a lot. Nobody would ever confront her about her irritating behaviors either. People would just smile and humor her all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
People who brag about themselves or their children constantly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships