Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 03:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,693,115 times

Advertisements

My ex husband is a golfer. Golf used to always seem to come first...well, besides money, and then me, when we were married.
Today, he calls and is acting like a child himself, telling me that our son is upset with him, because he is watching the Masters on TV, and not spending time with him.
He said," I told him that the Masters was on this weekend, and I was going to watch it." He said that our son was not occupying himself today, like he sometimes does, and he thought he was doing it on purpose, so he could not watch it.
I told him to just bring him home. He did, and our son was very upset, and even crying. I shouldn`t have said this, but it just came out. I said, "Son, you don`t come between your Dad`s golf now.
My husband has went the extra mile to spend time with him, since he was so upset, by playing football, video games, and making him laugh.
I guess he will see how it is, as he grows up. Sad, really.
He only see`s the boy every other weekend, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 05:01 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,358,380 times
It's sad that a tv program comes before the kid but at least you have a husband now that cares about your kid.
If I was the kid, I would stop going to the biological fathers house.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:04 PM

Talked to my sister about this, and she is right! Our son is spoiled, because his Dad 99% of his time, will give him his attention. He doesn`t make him do anything when he does spend the weekends with him. Its like a big party over there, so when his Dad wanted to watch the Masters this weekend, he didn`t know how to handle it.
I also may add, that he took him to Red Lobster earlier today, and bought him a toy. (He can`t afford to pay his child support, but can afford Red Lobster huh?) lol...

Old 04-12-2009, 05:06 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,214,467 times
It's a situation that is both sad and funny at the same time. At least your husband was honest with him about the importance of watching the golf game. Your son won't be confused and think that he did something bad that caused his dad to ignore him. And being a male, at least your son will laugh about this incident when he grows up as watching sports is such a popular pastime with men. And if it were a daughter involved, well knowing the way her dad is about golf will make her more accepting of her future s/o's love of sports.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
It's a situation that is both sad and funny at the same time. At least your husband was honest with him about the importance of watching the golf game. Your son won't be confused and think that he did something bad that caused his dad to ignore him. And being a male, at least your son will laugh about this incident when he grows up as watching sports is such a popular pastime with men. And if it were a daughter involved, well knowing the way her dad is about golf will make her more accepting of her future s/o's love of sports.
So true.
He is rotton this way, especially with his Dad. He has made him this way, and honestly, thats one of the reasons we are divorced today.
I remember how spoiled rotton his 15 year old daughter was, when we first met. OMG!!!

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 04-12-2009 at 05:23 PM..

Old 04-12-2009, 05:11 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,070,724 times
Oh yes .... the Masters. We have that today too. AND ... after the Masters he has to go out and "hit some balls".

Well, I just got back from a hike and I'm gonna shower and go shop.

Did I mention, I hate golf???

Old 04-12-2009, 05:30 PM

657 posts, read 1,601,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Oh yes .... the Masters. We have that today too. AND ... after the Masters he has to go out and "hit some balls".

Well, I just got back from a hike and I'm gonna shower and go shop.

Did I mention, I hate golf???

about as much as we men hate your bath and foofy stores in the mall.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
Foofy huh? lol....

Old 04-12-2009, 05:52 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,070,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J double R View Post
So, how bout we ladies stop bathing so you guys can relish our "scent" after not bathing for a while.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
So, how bout we ladies stop bathing so you guys can relish our "scent" after not bathing for a while.
Oh Good God!!! Yeah......what she said! ^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships