Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:34 PM

17 posts, read 56,696 times

Advertisements

My wife is a people watcher-no problem there. She notices people whenever we're shopping or out in a public place. What I find peculiar is that she often makes eye contact, mostly with other men her age or younger it seems (I haven't noticed it with females or senior citizens). By this I mean she actually makes eye contact with guys that she's passing by in the store or mall, and they guys usually seem to notice, because sometimes one will actually say hi to her or at least they exchange smiles. She says she's just being friendly as she doesn't know these guys. I think most people try to avoid eye contact with strangers, especially married women with strange men, but maybe I'm wrong. Is this just a form of innocent flirting? I mean they're not striking up a conversation or exchanging phone numbers (at least when I'm there ). On the other hand I feel a little put out. It's like she's out with me but happens to notice them. I think most men view a women making eye contact with them as a form of interest or flirting but she disagrees. Is this normal or typical and nothing to worry about, or is it something I should be concerned about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 04:41 PM

303 posts, read 1,385,501 times
If it's only eye contact I wouldn't worry. I think it's normal to just look at other people even when you are attached.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:42 PM

81 posts, read 257,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroadlesstravelled View Post
My wife is a people watcher-no problem there. She notices people whenever we're shopping or out in a public place. What I find peculiar is that she often makes eye contact, mostly with other men her age or younger it seems (I haven't noticed it with females or senior citizens). By this I mean she actually makes eye contact with guys that she's passing by in the store or mall, and they guys usually seem to notice, because sometimes one will actually say hi to her or at least they exchange smiles. She says she's just being friendly as she doesn't know these guys. I think most people try to avoid eye contact with strangers, especially married women with strange men, but maybe I'm wrong. Is this just a form of innocent flirting? I mean they're not striking up a conversation or exchanging phone numbers (at least when I'm there ). On the other hand I feel a little put out. It's like she's out with me but happens to notice them. I think most men view a women making eye contact with them as a form of interest or flirting but she disagrees. Is this normal or typical and nothing to worry about, or is it something I should be concerned about?
Yes, exactly! She IS out with YOU. She goes home with YOU. She goes to bed with YOU. No worries. You think she is going to cheat in front of you or something? ha ha

Old 10-07-2008, 04:43 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Is she otherwise devoted to you?? Because if there are not other issues than it most likley is innocent. I am guilty of the same thing....I mean common, we're married....not dead. It's human nature, men look at women....women look at men....as long as there is no touching involved.

Sounds like she is very friendly and outgoing......just a personality type.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
I make eye contact with most people (except the one's I don't want to engage in any dialog with). It's not flirting. I do it mainly to acknowledge the person standing in front of me.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:44 PM

534 posts, read 1,594,429 times
I being a very happily married female, can honestly say that I never do this. Whether alone or with hubby. People watching is one thing, eye contact, smiling, and saying hi, not for me.

To be honest, I don't even notice men at all. Just thinking about it made me realize that if a good looking man passed me, I wouldn't even know it. I guess I have my good looking man and no one else matters. We've never been the "look, but don't touch." type people. We are very happy in our marriage and really don't notice anyone else.

We people watch sometimes, but not like this. It's a quick glance and that's it. No one would even know. Oh and it's not over good looking people. It's usually something strange that stands out that catches our eye and probably everyone else's eye that is in the place we are at.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:46 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
When random guys or ladies make deep eye contact with me it is because they are interested in me and find me attractive.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:49 PM

I happen to agree with you. Random attractive men making deep eye contact with me is usually a sign of flirting and attraction....I'm one of those pretty gay guys that gets looked up and down a lot.

Also I noticed a pastor's wife giving me the eye one time at church lol.........it looked like she wanted to get it on.......never went back to that place..

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroadlesstravelled View Post
It's like she's out with me but happens to notice them. I think most men view a women making eye contact with them as a form of interest or flirting but she disagrees. Is this normal or typical and nothing to worry about, or is it something I should be concerned about?

Old 10-07-2008, 04:50 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
When random guys or ladies make deep eye contact with me it is because they are interested in me and find me attractive.
I was lookin' at you ... you was lookin' at me .....

Old 10-07-2008, 04:51 PM

is that a cute little song that you just made up all on your own....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I was lookin' at you ... you was lookin' at me .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships