Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:01 PM

900 posts, read 1,701,674 times

Advertisements

I see a lot of posts about women with kids (I guess b/c they usually have custody) but what about dating a man who also has the kid(s) sometimes? - what if the ex and he are on good terms and what if not? Issues ? Please fill me in
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 06:05 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Not for me. I don't mind if he has grown children, but I am too much of a free spirit to limit myself to someone who doesn't have the same kind of freedom I do.

I also have no patience for unruly kids.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:09 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Of course I would date a man with kids, if my husband would let me

Old 04-20-2009, 06:10 PM

10 posts, read 52,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Not for me. I don't mind if he has grown children, but I am too much of a free spirit to limit myself to someone who doesn't have the same kind of freedom I do.

I also have no patience for unruly kids.
Even when the kids are grown, that could be a problem. Especially with girls. In speaking to others on this topic it seems common for young ladies to see themselves as the woman of the house and even as adults they try to keep that status. Which can cause tension.

Old 04-20-2009, 06:12 PM

219 posts, read 736,227 times
I would not have a problem dating a man with kids,kids are great and I would love a dozen of them if I were 30 years younger!!

Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSXmom View Post
Even when the kids are grown, that could be a problem. Especially with girls. In speaking to others on this topic it seems common for young ladies to see themselves as the woman of the house and even as adults they try to keep that status. Which can cause tension.
Oh sure, there are no guarantees of perfection even when they're grown. I just don't want to get involved with helping to raise them or living with them. I love kids and I'm great with them, but making them a permanent or large part of my life, neh.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:05 PM

14 posts, read 16,696 times
I wouldn't have any problem dating a man with kids. I did and I married him. I studdered when I got married and got a three for one deal.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:28 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Default Warning to Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
what about dating a man who also has the kid(s) sometimes?................Please fill me in
If he's had kids with more than 3 women, this is a really bad sign. Run!

Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
I see a lot of posts about women with kids (I guess b/c they usually have custody) but what about dating a man who also has the kid(s) sometimes? - what if the ex and he are on good terms and what if not? Issues ? Please fill me in
I don't want to have kids myself, so I am definately not keen on dealing with someone else's kids. Plus if we ever got married, the ex can come after my income to pay child support. Uh uh, that's not happening.

Old 04-20-2009, 07:55 PM

253 posts, read 805,382 times
Default not really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
I don't want to have kids myself, so I am definately not keen on dealing with someone else's kids. Plus if we ever got married, the ex can come after my income to pay child support. Uh uh, that's not happening.
if you marry someone with kids, their ex cant touch your income, i married a man with kids, and actually went thru a battle royal with him and his ex as we fought to keep custody, at one point, his ex did get custody for about 6 mo, and she thought my income would be counted, it wasnt. and neither was my part of the tax returnes,in tax terms, its called injured spouse, you have to file a form to claim your share of joint tax return, and you will get it, even if it was already sent out to ex, they will have to give it back.
and if youd feel better, you could file seperate returns, this way you skip a form.

dating a man with kids isnt bad, just like dating a woman with kids isnt bad, yes,....there will be women looking for a supporter, just as their will be men looking for a live in babysitter, but as a woman, i look at it this way...you get kids without the morning sickness, 9 months of fat, and NO HARD LABOR spitten them out
and to be honest, if a man has custody of his kids, it speaks well of him i think, means he is a devoted father who believes in taking care of his kids...which is a gem, since we can attest to alot of men who could care less......so give the daddy's a chance, and mommys to
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships