Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it okay for your lover to brag to you and compare you to another lover?
Yes 3 4.84%
No 37 59.68%
Not sure 1 1.61%
Other 1 1.61%
Only if it is okay for both 2 3.23%
Depends on the situation 3 4.84%
Only in a session at Mental Health 3 4.84%
Dump the Jerk 7 11.29%
Stand By him give recovery a chance 1 1.61%
Pray and hope for the best 1 1.61%
Stay in denial and enjoy the ride/pain 1 1.61%
Get a life and a real man who can love you! 17 27.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:48 AM

23 posts, read 36,408 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I am new here. Please be gentle with me. I have been dating a man for 8 years. (For 2 of the 8 years we took a mutual two year break) I am a very traditional lady, waited to marriage for sex, never even thought about cheating on my husband. Have only had one other partner in a very commited relationship three years after my divorce. I was two years away from my last lover before I engaged in another relationship with J. We have not been sexuall, other than a one time, almost but we stopped and put our clothes back on, no touching or anything.
J. has slept with 11 other women that I know about. Four of which were his wife's sisters, I know it takes two. One he drugged and raped his first year of marriage. Maybe that is history, Let me get to the point. His two serious relationships have had this same complaint. He is always, daily telling us how great Anne is/was. He is 54 years old now, he was 16 when they were sexuall together. He cheated on her with 3 other girls, including the Ex-wife before they were married. All of the relationships he has had he cheated. When I asked him about how I could trust he would be faithful to me, his answer was, I know. But I do not. He has already chased after a 24 year old married woman,just two days after we made the announcement to the family about out engagement.
Recently I caught him going after a 24 year old married woman. She called me and asked me to get him off her case.
Okay, point here, He is now in recovery (NA) only 2 months into it and he claims that he loves me and wants a commitment. I just don't know if I can trust him, considering the "24" as we call it when we talk about it. Plus, he continues to tell me details about him "F-ing" Anne. I have even been told I would only be second to third to her. I have tried everything from anger, yelling, cards, ignoring it, what can I do?
To be honest with you, it hurt before but now that he has asked for a commitment and marriage, I feel he should not make judgement on that until we have slept together, plus, if he wants to be with me, I should COUNT as his #1 now. If not, he has that right to live his own delusions, but I just can't live this.
Is there anything I can do to help him understand I do not want to be compared to her or hear about her. (note, three and a half years ago I met Anne and she has quite different memorites of his performance and commitment than he does).
I love him, even if we never sleep together, I am willing to give companionship to him. He just may not be able to function much longer as he has prostate issues, major and bad kidney problems, but I love him and can accept we may not have a sexual relationship, but I just do not want to hear about Anne, it is hard to deal with....HELP ME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 07:54 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Fascinating.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:57 AM

Thank you, what would you do?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:04 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
More importantly, what would Anne do?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:04 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofhearingaboutANNE View Post
Thank you, what would you do?
Raise your standards.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 AM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
I would run far from this man.

I almost hope that this post is MUD (Made Up Drama) because I really cannot imagine wanting to spend my life with a man who slept with his wife's sisters - and raped one of them while he was at it - and is a serial cheater.

My guess is that you must have extremely low self esteem. I recommend getting rid of this loser man to whom you have attached yourself to and get into some therapy sharpish.

It is very obvious to me that he will cheat on you as soon as he gets the opportunity and that he will ALWAYS view you as the runner up, not his number 1. You are out of your mind if you move forward with an engagement with this person. Out of you mind.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:17 AM

Hi, thanks for the question. It has been since they were 20 years old that they have even seen each other. She married another man and they had 5 children. She said J was her first and she did not know until she married her husband how good making love could be. She tells me she wants nothing to do with him.
She told me and he confirmed to me last night that she told him, if you want to be with me, choose just me, and he married Pam out of spite. When he went back to find her, Anne was already married to another man and they are very happy. She told me it was in her past and told me she would answer anything I wanted to know, but wanted it left there after we talked. I have not contacted her since. Honestly I do not care if he is good in bed or not, I love him, and I care very deeply for him. I just want him to stop comparing me to her.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:18 AM

Thank you very much. I needed to hear that I think. I needed to be reaffirmed. My standards are too high he told me.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:21 AM

I promise you this is not MUD. I would not do that. I am here to try and understand. Yes, my self-esteem is very low. I am currently in Counseling once a week. I really do appreciate you being so candid here. I am trying to not use my past to make excuses here. And I am seeing that I need to move on...please, I am serious here. How do you make a heart stop loving someone?

Old 04-22-2009, 08:22 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
No, your standards are not too high. I can't understand wanting to be around someone who drugged and raped someone, and apparently screws anything that moves. Tell him that he and that skank Anne should be happy together and get the heck away from him. And then figure out why you felt the need to put up with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships