Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 01:47 PM

439 posts, read 1,221,678 times

Advertisements

Turn-offs:

-men who refer to breasts as 'rack'
-men who don't think that, or don't care if, women can carry on a serious conversation with them
-men who do not care about social and political issues
-men who don't treat their friends and family with respect
-men who don't have regular female friends: that is to say, female friends who are not just ex-girlfriends they still get along with or friends they constantly fake-flirt with.

I don't really care about appearance as long as you wash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM

439 posts, read 1,221,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Turnoffs once we are in a relationship:

1. Wearing baggy sweatpants and T-shirt to bed. Ugh! Why do women do this?
2. Leaving the bathroom door open when you pee just so you can talk to me.
3. Wearing those big granny panties and worse yet, wearing non matching underwear and bra.
4. Blowing your nose in front of me. Please leave the room if you have to do that. Gross.
5. Routine sex. Same time of day, on the same day, and you do the same things to prepare. Boring.
6. Talking about her mom or any of her friends' emotional issues.
7. Comparing our relationship to relationships in ANY stupid chick flick movie like "Sense and Sensibility", "Lake House", "Runaway Bride", "Shakespear In Love" or any Rupert Everett, Meg Ryan, Hugh Grant, Gweneth Paltrow, Julia Roberts or Jennifer Aniston movie.
8. Wanting to talk during an NFL game broadcast.
9. Wearing the one piece swimsuit instead of the two piece bikini.
10. Wanting to clean, dust, fold clothes, or any housework, instead of, or before having sex.
Well, you'd pretty much hate me

Old 04-24-2009, 01:55 PM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
A thing I hate : odor inspection before sex.
If everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) doesn't smell of fresh soap and cologne, to be ordered back once again to the shower.
I mean, if you can't stand the odor (clean one) of your partner, I don't see what kind of sexual intimacy there still is...

Old 04-24-2009, 02:12 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,316 times
A liberal whiny man.
A superficial man.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:36 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Negative/doom and gloom
Gossip
Lack of discretion
Narcissism
Excessive foul language/ungentlemanly
Lack of personal accountability
Bad table manners
Nail biting
Critical/judgmental (add hypocrisy to the mix and he's a real charmer)
Lack of confidence
Poor hygiene
Drug abuse
Obnoxious drunks
Unhealthy physical appearance

Old 04-24-2009, 02:38 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
A thing I hate : odor inspection before sex.
If everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) doesn't smell of fresh soap and cologne, to be ordered back once again to the shower.
I mean, if you can't stand the odor (clean one) of your partner, I don't see what kind of sexual intimacy there still is...
Clean EVERYTHING.

You're right pigeonHOLE. What?

Old 04-24-2009, 02:44 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
My turn on... Hmmm?

Well, if I were sitting on a bench in a park next to the SO and we were talking. You know about the park and how beautiful it is. Maybe a comment on the flowers or the lake.
Then out of the blue she says, "Man I want to ride you like a buckin bronco!!!"
I'd be like, "What did you say?" Kinda mouthing it through my teeth.
"You heard me. I want to rip your clothes off and do you right here and now. Maybe on that tire swing. The slide. The merry-go-round." She would say.

THAT my friends is HOT.

My turn offs...

...the Park Ranger interrupting us.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:46 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violent cello View Post
Turn-offs:

-men who refer to breasts as 'rack'
-men who don't think that, or don't care if, women can carry on a serious conversation with them
-men who do not care about social and political issues
-men who don't treat their friends and family with respect
-men who don't have regular female friends: that is to say, female friends who are not just ex-girlfriends they still get along with or friends they constantly fake-flirt with.

I don't really care about appearance as long as you wash
Personally, I like it if a girl can have a serious conversation and cares about social and political issues. And I would never refer to her breasts as a rack.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:19 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,078,859 times
Good to be beyond the age where you see this in women, but for me the most effective single-point turn off in women was "Baby Rabies" - this was mostly women in their early 20's - glad to be rid of that phase...

Old 04-24-2009, 08:06 PM

158 posts, read 527,184 times
Biggest turn offs:
girls who think they are princesses not responsible for others; shallow, bubbly girls; girls who think "I want" means "I deserve"; girls who can't hold an intelligent conversation; girls who think affection translates into "doormat" or "clingy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships