Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 03:11 PM

50 posts, read 65,683 times

Advertisements

How do I stop feminists from attacking my wife just because she is considered traditionally beautiful and feminine

I support genuine women's liberation, but not separatist feminism, which hurts women and is sexist. Those who do not unite with men, echo the same hatefilled sexism of the sociobiologists who say that there is something eternal in the male-female conflict.

The women I sided with are more radical than the feminists in my book, because they go to the root. But the feministas have viciously attacked them as being stooges for men like me personally.

In one talk I mentioned that, Xena and the Amazons could be seen as a positive role-model, and that I champion physical muscular fitness in women.

Thats when the slanders and attacks on my wife began. Since she doesn't have a bodybuilder type body, but is more traditionally beautiful. So they are saying despite all my rhetoric I'm still a man. In public they asked me wife incredibly humiliating personal and sexual questions about her relationship. She doesn't know much about politics, so they made her look like a fool. Many of her answers were those of a traditional wife, so now I'm being blamed for her personality.

And in their newsletter they published incredibly crude and graphic descriptions of our supposed patriarchal intimacy. They compared us to apes, saying that despite claiming to be modern, I was just the alpha male of the tribe and taking the prettiest girl as my mate.

My wife feels terrible, and is very depressed and humiliated, and she blames herself thinking that shes caused me harm. The more she tries to explain that she loves me, and wants to be a good wife, the more patriarchal she makes our relationship look.

What should I do to diffuse the situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 03:14 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Sounds like you need new friends.

What social circles do you run in that you would allow your wife to be bashed or humiliated by these people? Who are "they" that you speak of, and why do you and your wife care what "they" have to say? "They" don't sound like friends to me.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:25 PM

When I criticize the feminists, I don't want to give off the impression, that I'm anti-feminist with the connotations that come with it in 21st century America. I consider myself more radical than the feminists, as a Woman's Liberationist.

Look I'm no expert on feminism or women's liberation. Although I was the only male in my college to take classes in women's studies. But the political issues involved in the status of women spill over into my area of interest.

The feminist separatists refuse to cooperate, because they see anything associated with men as tainted, even if it is to the benefit of women. From my point of view they aid male supremacy by isolating themselves.

I did my best to have a liberated marriage, but to be fair, there were always other things distracting me, so I may have failed to correct my wife when she acted in an improper role. And I deserve blame for that.

My wife has been influenced by the culture around her, on what a women should be. All of her friends and sisters are in rather traditional marriages. And the media and entertainment industry bombards her with brainwashing.
If I hide my wife away, that will make me look even more patriarchal.

My wife is certainly not stupid. I think that my wife is highly intelligent. It is just that in this culture, attractive women are rewarded and reinforced for being ditzy and "cute". Obviously in the environment I'm part of such behavior is frowned on.

For example I told my wife she doesn't have to do any housework, and not to buy any sexy lingerie. But on the other hand I will admit that perhaps I have not been vigilant in preventing her.

I initially wished to have an open marriage, in which we would both be free to have relations with other people. She objected. But I still let her know that I don't have any problem with her "cheating" on me, or even leaving me, since I don't believe in possessing human beings.
Just to be clear I'm a women's liberationist not some traditional guy. This is a factional dispute. And the feminists are using my wife as a battering ram against me. I DONT support women being "traditional" wives. Thats just an accusation against me. The problem is that my wife gives "traditional" answers, which she assumes are the "right" answers wives are supposed to give. I always say that my wife is just my buddy, pal, friend, associate, partner. We're both kind of young, and don't really know how to play the role right. She trying to play the role of wife, I guess, and I'm trying to write a whole new script.

Although I will concede I probaly did not put enough work into making my wife a modern New Woman, and now its come back to bite me.

Look not to be Adam pointing the finger at Eve here, but this is kind of HER fault. I never did anything to make her into a traditional wife. The only thing I can be attacked for is marrying a girl of her type in the 1st place, and thats not why I married her.
Well I never really accepted the position that women in this society chose their position, so it would be hypocritical to suggest that my wife is the exception.

Just to clarify, my main political activities don't center around woman's issues, but to the extent that they do I side with a particular faction. But its not my focus.

My wife is not foreign born. Although I suppose you could say that bringing her into my world, is similar to introducing the concept of Republic, to a medieval peasant.

I tried to introduce her to the idea that our marriage is just a friendship. And to dress in suits more, and to treat her like a man etc. I admit that it is mostly my fault. I didn't put enough time into making her a New Woman, I suppose I just thought my New Values would just rub off on her naturally.
Its not about a man dominating a woman. Its about more advanced ideas correcting backward habits.

She has to be dragged into the 21st century. A revolution from below and from above.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:30 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,668 times
Quote:
What should I do to diffuse the situation?
Move

Old 09-15-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
Move
That wouldn't really solve anything.

Old 09-15-2009, 03:36 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Wtf?????

Old 09-15-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Wtf?????
What don't you understand?

Old 09-15-2009, 03:45 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,722 times
Is this thread for real?

Old 09-15-2009, 03:46 PM

pretty much EVERYTHING you have posted?????
For instance, you state that you did not do enough to prevent her from buying lingerie???? What you were you going to do, ban her from Victoria's Secret????
You mention a book you wrote, what book?
Your posts seem to be rather stream-of-consciousness a la Hunter Thompson, none of your posts seem to make much sense.
Why in the world would you let someone verbally assault your spouse in public?

Old 09-15-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Is this thread for real?
I'm with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships