Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:48 PM

50 posts, read 65,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Hmmmmmm, it sounds like he wants to do away with marriage, make monogamy illegal, and have women become the "new men".
Is anyone else getting this out of the OP's statements?
I'm talking VERY longterm future. I don't advocate this in my public statements, although I perhaps hint in that direction. And I'm not opposed to voluntary monogamy. I think it is quite possible that the majority may remain monogamous within a system of free love, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Anyway this is irrelevant to my problem with my wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 09:52 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marius1815 View Post
I'm talking VERY longterm future. I don't advocate this in my public statements, although I perhaps hint in that direction. And I'm not opposed to voluntary monogamy. I think it is quite possible that the majority may remain monogamous within a system of free love, and there is nothing wrong with that.
Could you please give a core statement on just exactly why you wish this to come to pass?
Please refrain from rhetoric and bombast, plain English, please.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:54 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
Could you please give a core statement on just exactly why you wish this to come to pass?
Please refrain from rhetoric and bombast, plain English, please.
+1 Maybe it's the sangria, but I don't know what he's talking about.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:55 PM

I think that women are human beings in the full sense. And the only way they can acheive their full humanity is when all the things which are supposedly "feminine" but are in fact power relations are removed.

Again, women isssues are not my main focus, but I believe the success of my politics would result in the gender egalitarianism eventually. And on the flip-side, we need the support of women in order to acheive our vision.

The seeds of this are already planted in our current society so it is simply inevitable progress. But again this is a side I don't play up in day to day politics, except when speaking with radical feminists. But I won't conceal the fact that this is my ultimate goal.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
Quote:
I think that women are human beings in the full sense. And the only way they can acheive their full humanity is when all the things which are supposedly "feminine" but are in fact power relations are removed.

Again, women isssues are not my main focus, but I believe the success of my politics would result in the gender egalitarianism eventually. And on the flip-side, we need the support of women in order to acheive our vision.

The seeds of this are already planted in our current society so it is simply inevitable progress. But again this is a side I don't play up in day to day politics, except when speaking with radical feminists. But I won't conceal the fact that this is my ultimate goal.
Your posts enable me to channel homer simpson. not bad.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:

Who is WE, exactly?
And why do WE think that women will only be happy and achieve full humanity when stripped of their femininity?
What about men? Wont they achieve their full humanity only when stripped of their masculinity?

Old 09-15-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Get over yourself already!!!!!!!!!
Where did you get the idea that your wife has to live up to your standards, in fact, why did you ever marry her in the first place?
You have already shown your hypocrisy, in case you hadnt noticed.
Yes thats the accusation. Well I wont delude myself into thinking that because of my politics and ideas, I can entirely escape the culture I live in. The type of women I'm attracted to is the type this culture has conditioned me to be attracted to. I admit that. And by the standards of this culture, my wife is incredibly beautiful.

But it would be ridiculous to suggest that one should not love one considered attractive by this culture.

In my defense, from when I first met her, I have never once allowed my wife to take her self-worth, esteem, pride or personal wellbeing from her physical looks. And I always remind her that it would mean nothing to me should she decide to leave.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Who is WE, exactly?
And why do WE think that women will only be happy and achieve full humanity when stripped of their femininity?
What about men? Wont they achieve their full humanity only when stripped of their masculinity?
I don't think strength in females needs to mean weakness in males. Although I think certain elements of cruelty that are associated with machoness will have to be stripped away in the future.

Again how does this relate to my wife?

Old 09-15-2009, 10:07 PM

Quote:
I don't think strength in females needs to mean weakness in males. Although I think certain elements of cruelty that are associated with machoness will have to be stripped away in the future.

Again how does this relate to my wife?
because true sexual equalness will only be achieved when men are stripped of their masculinity, you are already displaying obvious signs of pre-programming by society, how could you not know that?
You failed to answer my question on just exactly who the WE is that you spoke of earlier.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:10 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,442,434 times
Quote:
I respected her decision, although I let her know that I'm not possessive and do not own her, and don't care if she sleeps with other men or leaves me all together.

And I always make clear to her that she can leave our marriage at any time, and it would not bother me.

Why are you even MARRIED?????

Please, please, please don't bring any kids into this mess you are calling a marriage. Your wife obviously loves you even though you are crazy. Get a divorce and let her live her life on HER terms.

(Good god, and I thought my last marriage was nuts )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships