Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 05:20 PM

50 posts, read 65,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
You are a slave to your male ego.

Enjoy.
How do I have a male ego?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2009, 05:36 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,180,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marius1815 View Post
How do I have a male ego?
By dominating over your wife. You want to set her inferior habits free?

Open the door, and tell her to go be happy being who she is, doing what she likes, and explaining whatever she wants to whomever she pleases.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:42 PM

50 posts, read 65,705 times
Quote:

Open the door, and tell her to go be happy being who she is, doing what she likes, and explaining whatever she wants to whomever she pleases.
Do you have any specific advice?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:30 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
Marius, what sort of compliments do you give your wife?

Old 09-16-2009, 06:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,764,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
I would like to add my name to the list of people who are confused by this thread.
I'm wondering if the OP is actually Tom Cruise??

Old 09-16-2009, 06:50 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marius1815 View Post
How do I stop feminists from attacking my wife just because she is considered traditionally beautiful and feminine

I support genuine women's liberation, but not separatist feminism, which hurts women and is sexist. Those who do not unite with men, echo the same hatefilled sexism of the sociobiologists who say that there is something eternal in the male-female conflict.

The women I sided with are more radical than the feminists in my book, because they go to the root. But the feministas have viciously attacked them as being stooges for men like me personally.

In one talk I mentioned that, Xena and the Amazons could be seen as a positive role-model, and that I champion physical muscular fitness in women.

Thats when the slanders and attacks on my wife began. Since she doesn't have a bodybuilder type body, but is more traditionally beautiful. So they are saying despite all my rhetoric I'm still a man. In public they asked me wife incredibly humiliating personal and sexual questions about her relationship. She doesn't know much about politics, so they made her look like a fool. Many of her answers were those of a traditional wife, so now I'm being blamed for her personality.

And in their newsletter they published incredibly crude and graphic descriptions of our supposed patriarchal intimacy. They compared us to apes, saying that despite claiming to be modern, I was just the alpha male of the tribe and taking the prettiest girl as my mate.

My wife feels terrible, and is very depressed and humiliated, and she blames herself thinking that shes caused me harm. The more she tries to explain that she loves me, and wants to be a good wife, the more patriarchal she makes our relationship look.

What should I do to diffuse the situation?
Beat them at their own stupid game. That's what I do. When someone starts yapping at me in the way you describe (often calling me a "doormat"), I always shake my head and tell them that my husband doesnot allow me to discuss such things.

Usually, it does not take them long to give up in frustration. LOL I get quite a charge out of it.

20yrsinBranson
Not a feminist

Old 09-16-2009, 06:52 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,148,408 times
Quote:

People cannot seem to understand that living a submissive lifestyle is who some of us are. My first husband pushed me constantly to be an "independent, professional working woman". I could never understand why I was so unhappy in this role. It was not until I met my last husband, who allowed me to be a submissive wife, that I discovered what happiness truly is.

Not everyone is cut out to be a feminist. Some of us just prefer to be good wives.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-16-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
People cannot seem to understand that living a submissive lifestyle is who some of us are. My first husband pushed me constantly to be an "independent, professional working woman". I could never understand why I was so unhappy in this role. It was not until I met my last husband, who allowed me to be a submissive wife, that I discovered what happiness truly is.

Not everyone is cut out to be a feminist. Some of us just prefer to be good wives.

20yrsinBranson
Please You can be a good wife without being submissive.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,203,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Please You can be a good wife without being submissive.
I can appreciate those that don't take to indepence, leadership, etc. It's not for everyone (it couldn't be). And I don't doubt that some could not be good spouses while holding responsibilities not suited for their individual personalities. But, the implication of either/or...feminist or good wife, as if they are mutually exclusive, is pretty lame when generalized.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I can appreciate those that don't take to indepence, leadership, etc. It's not for everyone (it couldn't be). And I don't doubt that some could not be good spouses while holding responsibilities not suited for their individual personalities. But, the implication of either/or...feminist or good wife, as if they are mutually exclusive, is pretty lame when generalized.
Exactly. 20 years comment was rude and meant to be a dig on anyone who doesn't live the way she does. The reality is many strong, independent, educated woman make great wives. Being submissive is not the ONLY way to be a good wife. Glad it works for her, but again, it's not the only way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships