Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 08:55 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marius1815 View Post
How do I stop feminists from attacking my wife just because she is considered traditionally beautiful and feminine

I support genuine women's liberation, but not separatist feminism, which hurts women and is sexist. Those who do not unite with men, echo the same hatefilled sexism of the sociobiologists who say that there is something eternal in the male-female conflict.

The women I sided with are more radical than the feminists in my book, because they go to the root. But the feministas have viciously attacked them as being stooges for men like me personally.

In one talk I mentioned that, Xena and the Amazons could be seen as a positive role-model, and that I champion physical muscular fitness in women.

Thats when the slanders and attacks on my wife began. Since she doesn't have a bodybuilder type body, but is more traditionally beautiful. So they are saying despite all my rhetoric I'm still a man. In public they asked me wife incredibly humiliating personal and sexual questions about her relationship. She doesn't know much about politics, so they made her look like a fool. Many of her answers were those of a traditional wife, so now I'm being blamed for her personality.

And in their newsletter they published incredibly crude and graphic descriptions of our supposed patriarchal intimacy. They compared us to apes, saying that despite claiming to be modern, I was just the alpha male of the tribe and taking the prettiest girl as my mate.

My wife feels terrible, and is very depressed and humiliated, and she blames herself thinking that shes caused me harm. The more she tries to explain that she loves me, and wants to be a good wife, the more patriarchal she makes our relationship look.

What should I do to diffuse the situation?

Where exactly is all this going on??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Doggone if any of us can figure this mess out......

Old 09-15-2009, 09:02 PM

50 posts, read 65,652 times
Quote:
I'm active in California politics.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Like thats supposed to explain all the nonsense??????

Old 09-15-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
o kay...so, I guess I'm just confused. Who cares what other people think about your wife and why do you give whoever these people are any fuel to add to the fire?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
o kay...so, I guess I'm just confused. Who cares what other people think about your wife and why do you give whoever these people are any fuel to add to the fire?
The personal is political. And if my wife does not live up to my own standards of a New Woman, then the feminists can use it against me to show I'm hypocritical.

I can't ignore them, since it is important that the women's faction I support maintain the upper hand, if my other projects are to have their support.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
The personal is political. And if my wife does not live up to my own standards of a New Woman, then the feminists can use it against me to show I'm hypocritical.

I can't ignore them, since it is important that the women's faction I support maintain the upper hand, if my other projects are to have their support.
So, it sounds like you are a closet republican trying to win a democratic election, in a manner of speaking??

Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:

Get over yourself already!!!!!!!!!
Where did you get the idea that your wife has to live up to your standards, in fact, why did you ever marry her in the first place?
You have already shown your hypocrisy, in case you hadnt noticed.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
So, it sounds like you are a closet republican trying to win a democratic election, in a manner of speaking??
Nothing could be further from the truth. While the feminist seperatists may be more radical subjectively, I'm in fact more radical objectively.

It is true I usually don't talk about my ideas about the end of the family, and masculine women, to the general public, since that would get in the way of the type of structural changes that would make that possible in the first place. But it will never happen with feminists isolating identity politics from the broader movement.

But I do genuinely share that vision.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:45 PM

Hmmmmmm, it sounds like he wants to do away with marriage, make monogamy illegal, and have women become the "new men".
Is anyone else getting this out of the OP's statements?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships