Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 10:31 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

My dh and I seem to kind of have our own little langauge that we communicate in. We say "nub boo" instead of "I love you" and at night we go "neep" instead of "to sleep". We also have this crazy little high-pitched voice that we use when we talk about anything really stupid or ironic. (we are imitating a neighbor that we used to have that was incredibly stupid).

Occasionally, I will tell someone that I am tired and can't wait to go home and go "neep" and they give me a look like I just stepped off the mothership. It occurrs to me, I guess, that other people don't talk this way. LOL

Do any of you have strange little vocabularies when talking with your sweetie? Little inside jokes, maybe that only the two of you would find amusing or meaningful or silly words that mean something only to you?

Just looking for some reassurance that I am semi-normal LOL

20yrsinBranson
(tired and planning to go to neep soon).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2009, 10:40 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,304 times
schnoogy...means cuddling on the couch....
do sneepiez....self explanitory....

You're ok...and I need to sneepiez soon
That was all I could think of...
Oh...lol...
I can smell you ...means I'm close to home...

Old 04-24-2009, 10:43 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Baby talk? LOL No, I did with my children when they were babies--'time to get cozy'=time to go to bed, etc., but never with an adult.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:47 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,304 times
the baby talk made me think about a couple who called into Mark and Brian...years ago....it was just....creepy....I will look and see if they have it on their best ofs....

Old 04-24-2009, 10:48 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
No - I don't do the baby talk thing.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Do any of you have strange little vocabularies when talking with your sweetie? Little inside jokes, maybe that only the two of you would find amusing or meaningful or silly words that mean something only to you?
Sure. It my case the words were usually either foreign or blends of languages. The idea behind some of them was having our little secrets when talking in front of other people.

Quote:
Just looking for some reassurance that I am semi-normal LOL
Well, that depends... If you consider me semi-normal, then you are, too!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:52 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
she did but it was really ugly.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:48 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No - I don't do the baby talk thing.
me either, baby talk makes me gag, speaking it or hearing it
between adults it is really (to me) creepy. But to each their own, if you both enjoy it, go it for it, whatever floats your boat

i never even used it with my kids because to me it has absolutely no dignity whatsoever, for either the speaker or the listener

pet names for a sweetheart are one thing, they are private and sweet
but baby talk? no way

(Note: children that don't hear baby talk, are more articulate and have larger vocabularies when they do begin to speak)

Old 04-27-2009, 10:26 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Yes, I used to call my ex-boyfriend "Mr. Babies."

But then one night at an office party, I called him that too many times in front of his boss and coworkers and it was all downhill from there. When he returned to work on Monday, the entire office, including his subordinates, were snickering and calling him "Mr. Babies."

It got really carried away. They kept leaving things in his office like nappies and pacifiers and milk formula. My boyfriend was so humiliated he finally had to put in his resignation. He no longer felt like a man anymore and now he had no job. It led to performance problems in the bedroom, and finally, the end of our relationship.

Ho, ho, ho. Anyhow, Kids of the City-Data forum, that's enough story telling for tonight. Time for me to go neep-neep.

W.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:39 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Yes, I used to call my ex-boyfriend "Mr. Babies."

But then one night at an office party, I called him that too many times in front of his boss and coworkers
I'm sorry, but that's quite childish and dumb. To be honest, I'd drop you right there if I were your BF. What you say in private and what you say at an office party are two entirely different animals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships