Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 08:33 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
Well, thankfully I have alot more backing my side than she does. My character vs hers (fired from her jobs from flipping out, multiple fights, etc).
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but WTH were you doing with her all along to begin with?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 08:43 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
At this point, I wouldn't respond to either of them. Let them keep texting and save it all, just in case. No telling what she'll do when she realizes you're done.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:45 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Forgive me for stating the obvious, but WTH were you doing with her all along to begin with?!
I was naive. Thought I could change her for the better. I sorta did. I got her a job, helped her get her grades on track, etc. And then I get this in return.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:46 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
I was naive. Thought I could change her for the better. I sorta did. I got her a job, helped her get her grades on track, etc. And then I get this in return.
becoming involved with someone in the hope of 'changing' them is never a good idea

Old 04-26-2009, 08:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Burt my boy, that's what you get for trying to be a Knight in Shining Armour!!! Have you learned your lesson now??? REMEMBER, women looking to be rescued are not living in reality - find a woman who has already learned how to rescue herself

Old 04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Wow. Run far away from this psycho chick and don't look back! Be very lucky that she's the one the dumped you. If you begin to waver, just remember that elbow to your groin!! She's one scary biatch and I wouldn't even want her for my friend.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:00 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatitosmommy View Post
becoming involved with someone in the hope of 'changing' them is never a good idea
That wasnt the initial reason for becoming involved. I really liked her from the beginning, and then I assumed the baggage later.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:32 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Two words: drama queen.

If you can live with that, then all's good. If you can't, it's time to strongly consider moving on, because there's slim chance that this behavior will ever substantially subside. Which brings me to a related point: this isn't necessarily about age. I know women in their 60s who still act like this. So it's not necessarily about finding someone older, it's about finding someone who doesn't thrive on head games regardless of age.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:37 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,357,206 times
Quote:
That wasnt the initial reason for becoming involved. I really liked her from the beginning, and then I assumed the baggage later.
so, when all the negativity (from her) started to surface, that was your first opportunity to make a decision: accept it, or walk away

Old 04-27-2009, 05:23 AM

1,544 posts, read 3,599,940 times
Quote:
A funny little update. Her friend sends me a text saying if I leave my gf a long, extremely apologetic voicemail, get her flowers, and take her out to dinner, everything will be ok.

I think its time to find someone my age or older...this immature stuff is just ridiculous.
Happy trails and march forward then start running and DON"T turn back or you might turn into a pillar of salt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships