Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,798,991 times

Advertisements

The other day there was a show on SpikeTV or Comedy Central not sure which but it was a spin off of Michael Myers "Super Size Me". The movie is a documentary that follows a pot smoking comedian for 30 days of not smoking pot or drinking alcohol; then 30 days of smoking pot from the moment he wakes up till the moment he passes out.

Sitting through this mildly funny documentary waiting for him to get funny and be super high, I started thinking being HIGH every min of everyday for 30 days. What better sign is there that you are screaming for help. Recreational drinkers and smokers are one thing please don't get all mad at me saying don't bash the pot head or the guy that has a beer or two. I am jes sayn 30 days every waking min!

So the 30 days sober comes to an end and this guy is saying how he thinks at the end of the 30 days high he will not want to smoke ever again. WRONG! This buffoon scored 200 points higher on the SAT test while stoned. Ran longer on the treadmill at a higher rate. Scored higher on a host of medical stress test showing he was in better health than before the 30 days being stoned.

So now I am curious. Does or government just cover up the benefits of pot because it comes along with a high?

Is there an emotional problem that comes up from smoking that much?

Or is it just skewed results from a pot promoter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,613,581 times
Awww boney, your so cute, keep dreaming

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 04-30-2009, 08:02 AM

You came up with that way too fast.

What is that a picture of "Giggling Island"?

Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 AM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
I think the premise is a load of bull...very skewed, pushing an agenda.

There are those that demonize pot and occasional usage and then those that on the other end of the spectrum try to show it as this wonder plant that even with massive usage makes this guy SO MUCH better. *cough*

Yeah, pot...cures cancer, makes you smarter, better looking and even removes tough ground-in stains. Get real. lol.

Anyone that believes for a second that this guy was WAY better off mentally etc. being completely stoned has a huge bias. My roomate (and good friend) after college was a BIG pot-head and had a ton of pot-head friends. I've seen enough heavy pot users to know that they are NOT smarter when constantly stoned...among other things...

I'm not saying it doesn't have benefits with moderate usage...appetite benefits for some chemo recipients is one example....just saying that ridiculous claims like in this "documentary" have been floating around for years. The fact that they don't hold up to scientific scrutiny is dismissed as "big pharmacy" not wanting this "miracle drug" in the public because it can't be patented and profits made. <sigh>

Old 04-30-2009, 08:37 AM

For sure I think it was biased. As to the medical benefits. I do believe it has some uses. I also think it should be decriminalized. Nothing major just a change where possession under an ounce had no penalty. I still think sales, and distribution should be kept illegal to curb rampant crime.

It seems to me smoking that heavy would have a negative impact on your relationships.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:39 AM

911 posts, read 2,376,534 times
Fire it up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships