Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 03:35 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,649,920 times

Advertisements

I was 14 and he was 16. I would see him around school and my friends would say that he always stared at me, but he never talked to us. He was really cute and had long hair (this was before long hair was cool). We jokingly used to call him "Hippie Man" amongst ourselves! Well one day a car pulled up to us walking home from school and asked us if we wanted a ride. At first, not knowing who it was we said "No thank you", but then we looked a little closer - - - - and it was "Hippie Man" - he got a haircut and we didn't recognize him!

We ended up taking the ride, and me and him were together for 1-1/2 years! We were inseparable - his Mom was afraid we were going to run away together. He had the most unbelievable blue eyes, and we were so in love. I don't know what happened, but he started treating me differently, and once acted like he could become violent, so I broke up with him. I think I cried for a month! For a year or so after that, we would see each other and knew the feelings were still there, but that's as far as it went. . . . . . Then I moved away and never saw him again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 03:54 PM

10 posts, read 32,594 times
I was 23. We had been dating from 6 years and she left me 2 months before we were supposed to get married.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:51 AM

115 posts, read 284,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
When I was 16 my high school sweetheart cheated on me with her ex-boyfriend. She broke it off with me while at our favorite park. Luckily it was raining, so no one could notice the tears during my long walk home.

We got back together after the summer break but it wasn't the same. I broke it off with her after a year.
wow people can be so heartless.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:02 AM

550 posts, read 1,215,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Got side tracked there.

My first heart break was a classmate in junior high. She was the cutest thing I had ever seen. We were forced to break up after we skipped school and spent the day doing "things" all around her mom's house. The sheriff's office showed up cause the neighbors heard us. (window was open it was hot)

Anyway small town politics got me kicked out of school after that. I still remember her kiss.
OMFG where did u live? islamabad?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:54 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,057,000 times
My first heartbreak happened when my first SERIOUS boyfriend, in high school, started to act SHADY towards me for NO APPARENT REASON....and then the next thing I know, he started dating MY BEST FRIEND, who also started acting SHADY towards me around the same time he was acting shady...

Old 05-04-2009, 10:32 AM

41 posts, read 76,478 times
Ah, the boy across the street from my grandparents' house. We knew each other since we were about six-- and at age twelve, boom, butterflies! We went out on "dates" and such (to sonic or to a pool hall, LOL) every summer that I was in town until I was sixteen.

He is now married to one of my best friends from high school, which is an irony considering he lived a hundred miles away from me and I only knew him through my grandparents and never introduced her to him.

Old 08-10-2009, 01:30 AM

1 posts, read 715 times
I just had my first heartbreak about 6 hours ago. I am 32 and never thought this would happen to us. After 2 years together, we had made so many memories and been best friends.

Now that he has become honest with himself that he has resolved issues, the life and love we shared is over. Just like that.

I am in shock. I am ashamed that our love was a failure.

Sometimes your all just isn't enough and there are no reasons why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships