Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:01 PM

1 posts, read 6,060 times

Advertisements

He is a wonderful man when it comes to me. I feel he tolerates the kids just to be with me. I see no genuine love from him for them. Today I registered the boys into basket ball and he got upset because I did't discuss it with him first. Raging anger came out him because he feels he is put second and he always acts this way. The only communication between he and the boys 80% of the time is when he is correcting or yelling at them. And this entails if the sink isn't cleaned off good enough, if there is water left in the sink, if the chair isn't pushed all the way in after dinner, little stuff like that. However, he will spend money to take us to Disney, and on cruises in the same year. He feels like this shows his love, I feel that respect, patience, and actions show love.''

Please help me. Should I even continue with the wedding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 08:10 PM

768 posts, read 2,100,515 times
No.

You are a group package whether he likes it or not--and he obviously doesn't like it. This is as good as it gets. His behavior isn't going to get any better. Is this the kind of home life you want for your children?

Old 11-19-2007, 08:11 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,339,102 times
Your kids will always be your kids.
Your boyfriend may be around a week, a year and maybe not forever.
If he's treating your kids like crap now by yelling at them, etc., don't think it's going to change after the wedding.
Hopefully you have already talked to him about this and how you feel? If not, talk to him.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:30 PM

60 posts, read 246,605 times
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:41 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,547,571 times
I think you already know the answer to this question. What I can't fathom is why you're still in this relationship. If he loved you, then he'd get along with your boys, or at least try a whole heck of a lot harder. Protect your children; you're all they've got!

Old 11-19-2007, 08:59 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,398,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyoboo View Post
He is a wonderful man when it comes to me. I feel he tolerates the kids just to be with me. I see no genuine love from him for them. Today I registered the boys into basket ball and he got upset because I did't discuss it with him first. Raging anger came out him because he feels he is put second and he always acts this way. The only communication between he and the boys 80% of the time is when he is correcting or yelling at them. And this entails if the sink isn't cleaned off good enough, if there is water left in the sink, if the chair isn't pushed all the way in after dinner, little stuff like that. However, he will spend money to take us to Disney, and on cruises in the same year. He feels like this shows his love, I feel that respect, patience, and actions show love.''

I would go to a counselor and sort this one out first. If this is how he is with the boys now, I wonder what he'll be like after he marries you.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:23 PM

27,340 posts, read 27,391,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyoboo View Post

I would have drawn the line the first time he came unglued like that towards my kids. Kids are not perfect, nor should their chores be expected to be every single time. If theres no bond there, and he likes the idea of being in full control, no amount of money, vacation, trips or materialism is going to take the place of positive nurturing and upbringing. Too, the bond has to be mutual. My kids needs have always come first, to a reasonable extent, and if a guy had a problem with that, I would (and have) shown him where the door was.
What youre seeing now is just a small preview of what is to come. Nip it in the bud while youre ahead, before it destroys your whole family.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:12 PM
tao

721 posts, read 3,188,898 times
This goes way beyond a red flag!

You love that he loves you. Understandable. But if he doesn't really care about your kids and he treats them like crap and you stay with him what kind of mother are you? How selfish is that? That you're even still with him after his behavior points to your having some serious issues that you need to look at. You're the adult, and you are entrusted to take care of your kids, first and foremost.

If you stay with him you are choosing a man over your own children. Plain and simple.

Do the right thing and protect your children by putting them first.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,821,950 times
So how do the kids feel about him?

Old 11-19-2007, 10:31 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,090 times
this anger is a red flag for me also however, on the other hand:

1. where is the biological father - is he involved? Could this be a factor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships