Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:12 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,023,543 times

Advertisements

While you're checking public records, maybe you should look for a divorce decree. Like others stated, he may still be married. It's rare that one lie stands alone, usually it is accompanied by other lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 10:17 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,524,194 times
he probably murdered her and the severed head is in that fridge in the basement

Old 05-15-2009, 10:20 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
While you're checking public records, maybe you should look for a divorce decree. Like others stated, he may still be married. It's rare that one lie stands alone, usually it is accompanied by other lies.
Yes, but if he's already covered up his previous marriage, why would she want to know anything else?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:23 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,123,459 times
I'd say under the circumstances, you really don't know this guy at all. You really don't know anything about him - whether he's told you the truth or whether everything he's told you are manufactured lies. I understand you are hurt - who wouldn't be! But you did the right thing. The guy cannot be trusted and you cannot build a future on lies. If you can, block his ability to text, phone, email, or otherwise contact you in any way. Do not contact him, do not have anything more to do with him. You owe him nothing. Move forward and don't look back. The guy is a creep. He may even have other girlfriends on the string. Silence and no contact is your best option. He is the quitter, loser and the liar - not you.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:24 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,942,054 times
Didn't she say she went out there and met his family? I imagine if she stayed at said house, she would have found some signs of a wife/womans touch?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:27 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,023,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Yes, but if he's already covered up his previous marriage, why would she want to know anything else?
Good point. Run run run away. So many problems can come about from this, it would be difficult to list them all. If they are in a community property state, he can't even sell it without her consent and paying her off for her interest. Also, if they were divorced, they would have already changed the title on the property (normally).

Another thing, the way he turned it around, calling you a quitter, would usually mean there is more he is trying to hide since he is trying to change the subject. This whole thing is sending up alarm bells. Walk away and chalk it up as a life experience.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:06 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,478,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool rob View Post
Didn't she say she went out there and met his family? I imagine if she stayed at said house, she would have found some signs of a wife/womans touch?
Yes, this is what is unclear.

And, currently it is harder for people to split assets with plunging house values or when one contributed more to the real estate than the other... Some separations are very messy...

NOT saying that his cover-up is justified. It he had those kind of financial problems, why not to tell the OP? The way he was covering up, there is something more to it than just the financial troubles.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:16 AM

3 posts, read 5,968 times
Well there was a record above that with only his name on the deed and him being the sole owner on the property. Also, A few mentioned that he was probably seeing girls on the side.....now I know girls can be naive and want to think the best of guys they're dating and i know anything is possible but I honestly don't think he was fooling around. The amount that we talked, i just don't know how it'd be possible. Regardless, I didn't get rid of him because I suspected cheating, I got rid of him because of all the others who made the same point. If he lied about this, what else is there? How many other half truths are there? The fact that he thought it was ok to not tell me this bit of information is insane. Had he told me from the very beginning it wouldn't have been an issue. We all have a past, myself included which he seemed to accept. Why he thought I wouldn't have done the same for him is beyond me. Whatever, it's over and you're all right, i'll move on and learn from it. I guess I just wanted to know if there was a different way that I should be looking at it. Given i am "only" 27, I know others have lived and loved a lot more than I have and have learned things that I may have not yet. Thank you all so much.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:50 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,065,156 times
Quote:
Him and his wife can be separated, ya know. She may have moved out, while he stayed put in that house.

Old 05-15-2009, 12:38 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,585,686 times
Quote:
She said the house was rented out, so it's unlikely she ever saw it. I'm surprised when she met his family, no one let it slip that he was married. Perhaps, if the OP thinks back, maybe there were clues from his family that she didn't pick up on at the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships