Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 03:50 PM

943 posts, read 3,160,779 times

Advertisements

Many of my female friends tell me that they are in very happy marriages but on occasion run into or befriend someone of the opposite sex who they take a real liking to. I think it is human nature to just be very attracted to people regardless of our marital status.

One of my friends has been telling me how she is so attracted to one of her neighbors. She is a stay at home Mom and the man works evenings so he is home alot during the day working outside. She tells me that she has made a special effort to be outside so they can talk. Nothing has happened but there is an attraction and she is thinking about him alot. She says she loves her husband but she really likes him. No sexual attraction but a real chemistry.

Could you imagine yourself being attracted to someone from the opposite sex and thinking about them often, and still having a good marriage? Or if you are attracted to someone else does this show that you have a poor marriage but just do to know it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2009, 03:52 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,703,234 times
Yes, I've seen that happen to many married couples. Is it a good "trend"? No.

Sounds like your stay at home friend is playing w/ huge fire, since the guy also has time to hang out w/ her (since he works nights). Next time, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to start hooky on the side, with "oh so much daytime time" in their hands.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:08 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,102,524 times
Im no relationhsip counselor but id say this can only end badly..

If youre in a healthy realtionship theres no reason for you to try to get a "chemistry" going with another man and wait outside just so u can talk to him..

Its unhealty as hell i sugeest she either stop this and try to communicate more with her husband and find out why shes feels thsi way or get a divorce otherwise youre beign really unfair to your husband

Old 05-15-2009, 04:14 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
Many of my female friends tell me that they are in very happy marriages but on occasion run into or befriend someone of the opposite sex who they take a real liking to. I think it is human nature to just be very attracted to people regardless of our marital status.

One of my friends has been telling me how she is so attracted to one of her neighbors. She is a stay at home Mom and the man works evenings so he is home alot during the day working outside. She tells me that she has made a special effort to be outside so they can talk. Nothing has happened but there is an attraction and she is thinking about him alot. She says she loves her husband but she really likes him. No sexual attraction but a real chemistry.

Could you imagine yourself being attracted to someone from the opposite sex and thinking about them often, and still having a good marriage? Or if you are attracted to someone else does this show that you have a poor marriage but just do to know it?
making special efforts to see the neighbor outside isn't a good thing. imagine her husband taking his secretary out to lunch everyday and getting all chummy. wonder how that would make his wife feel?

Old 05-15-2009, 04:21 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,145,464 times
She's going down a risky path. If she's smart & truly loves & respects her husband, she will AVOID the attractive neighbor. Cheating starts in the mind....she shouldn't even entertain those thoughts, IMO.
Of course we all see other attractive people even if we're in a relationship, but nip it in the bud...don't feed the attraction & allow feelings to grow.

Old 05-15-2009, 04:27 PM

And lets say she leaves her husband for this guy its qutie obvious whenever shes attracted to somebody else shell wander

Maybe shes just a **** who has be with anyone she finds attractive..

Old 05-15-2009, 04:53 PM

168 posts, read 532,072 times
Just because you're married doesn't mean you're dead. I think every married person has felt attracted to someone else at least once in their marriage. Having those occasional attractions is not the problem, it's what you do with those feelings that counts. Do you make every effort to keep away from that person or like your friend, do you make an effort to fan the flames? That's the real question.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:26 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Nope, never happens, never see attractive women at all, I don't have eyes for other women. I never notice those sexy half dressed women that So Cal is so notorious for.

I surgically had my eyed altered so that attractive women appear to be invisible to me.

Shall I continue.....

Old 05-15-2009, 07:42 PM

Not to stick up for this women because its scumbgish what shes doign frankly but this goes to the point i always had that theres really no soulmate or one true love in that i beleive most people married have great chemistry and foudn each other at the right time BUT theres probably hundreds of people allot of us could have married if we would have met that person at some point in our life..

Last edited by JBT1980; 05-15-2009 at 07:55 PM..

Old 05-15-2009, 07:52 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,032,219 times
Marriage is overrated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships