Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 11:19 AM

25,157 posts, read 54,012,761 times

Advertisements

Maybe the family is dysfunctional or deceased?

Maybe it is difficult to make friends?

My parents never spent holidays with their friends ever. They also rarely invited people over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws917 View Post
I understand what you're feeling, but if I were single, I'd see it as a red flag that someone could meet me for a first date on Christmas Eve (unless they were of a religion that didn't observe Christmas). I would wonder why they don't have family or close friends who want to be with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 11:20 AM

People should be more sensitive and caring to loners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheredoIlive? View Post
LOL you are going to end up with someone so POPULAR they have no TIME for YOU.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:22 AM

That is some very nice advice. I suggest he go out to some nightclubs with low cover charges and party with some strangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I don't know where you live TV Guy, but on holiday weekends there are a sh*tload of public social dances (ballroom and salsa) going on all over the country. You can go to one. They generally have an hour group lesson before the actual dance begins. You would have a hard time NOT meeting someone at one of these dances. In the group class you will dance with almost all of the females in the group. You would, of course, introduce yourself to each lady when you dance with them, likewise they will introduce themselves to you. Get online and look for a dance in your area! Check the USA Dance website (formerly USABDA) and I'm sure you will find something. You could be out tonight meeting people and having a really good time.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:28 AM

37,721 posts, read 46,178,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I hate holiday weekends as a single guy who lives alone because most females are with families or doing family things and it's not a regular weekend. So I will probably have to wait until Tuesday for things to get back to normal in the world of ONLINE DATING.

I used to break the rules years ago and would meet a girl on Christmas Eve and not care anything about a holiday.
Well, for many people, yeah. It is a time that many spend with family, or go out of town. But certainly not all. And I don't know about your city, but we have a HUGE festival going on this weekend with tons and tons of people, and all day music at the beach...many places to go mingle in a crowd. Maybe you should check your local event calendar?

Old 05-23-2009, 11:30 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,527,974 times
Quote:
I don't know where you live TV Guy, but on holiday weekends there are a sh*tload of public social dances (ballroom and salsa) going on all over the country. You can go to one. They generally have an hour group lesson before the actual dance begins. You would have a hard time NOT meeting someone at one of these dances. In the group class you will dance with almost all of the females in the group. You would, of course, introduce yourself to each lady when you dance with them, likewise they will introduce themselves to you. Get online and look for a dance in your area! Check the USA Dance website (formerly USABDA) and I'm sure you will find something. You could be out tonight meeting people and having a really good time.

That's depressing. Especially for a woman, to have to sit there and wait to be asked to dance.
Nothing is more depressing than being with couples. I noticed a lot of singles' events have couples going to them, and no one bats an eye about it, but I wonder what their agenda is. We are supposed to be happy for them, but why do they have to crash singles' events?

Old 05-23-2009, 12:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,089,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulous1 View Post
That's depressing. Especially for a woman, to have to sit there and wait to be asked to dance.
Nothing is more depressing than being with couples. I noticed a lot of singles' events have couples going to them, and no one bats an eye about it, but I wonder what their agenda is. We are supposed to be happy for them, but why do they have to crash singles' events?
What??? Women don't have to wait to be asked to dance. Hae you ever been to a public dance??? There are singles, there are couples, and it's okay for men to ask women to dance and it's okay for women to ask men to dance. You should try one yourself so you'll have a clue. I'm not talking about a "singles event".

Old 05-23-2009, 01:01 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,527,974 times
Quote:
What??? Women don't have to wait to be asked to dance. Hae you ever been to a public dance??? There are singles, there are couples, and it's okay for men to ask women to dance and it's okay for women to ask men to dance. You should try one yourself so you'll have a clue. I'm not talking about a "singles event".

I am not aware of any public dances. I am just not into it. I never thought of dancing as an interest of mine.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:33 PM

168 posts, read 532,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheredoIlive? View Post
LOL you are going to end up with someone so POPULAR they have no TIME for YOU.

Fortunately, that didn't happen to me! After one horrible marriage, I ended up with a great guy and we'll be married 17 years this year!

Old 05-23-2009, 01:45 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,126,402 times
On my way to a family barbecue but I rather be meeting a girl from a dating site

Old 05-23-2009, 01:49 PM

22,638 posts, read 19,342,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I hate holiday weekends as a single guy who lives alone because most females are with families or doing family things and it's not a regular weekend. So I will probably have to wait until Tuesday for things to get back to normal in the world of ONLINE DATING.

i hate to break it to you, but "meeting someone online" is not dating.
Dating is getting out in the world with live people doing live things, not sitting behind a computer. If you want to date, then get out in the real world with real people doing real things like classes and dancing and music and theater and hiking and camping and picnics and science and nature and car clubs and singles groups and church and the list goes on and on and on.

"online dating" is not real life and it is not normal and it does not lead to real relationships, unless and until a person gets out from behind the computer and out into the real world with real live people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships