Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:24 AM

37,774 posts, read 46,266,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl View Post
Even if it's a sex only r/ship I deserve the courtesy of at least a cancellation text, no? Me and this guy have known each other for months now. Not like we met last week and had a one night stand.
1. There is nothing courteous about a "cancellation text".
2. Not sure why you think you "deserve" anything. The guy's playing you.
Move on and drop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 11:03 AM

900 posts, read 1,705,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
I second that. Just happened to me. Needless to say, he's done. Next. Same thing you described.
didn't intend to log in and write today but had to. Just happened to me too! I am told this is dating these days. Bullsh**. I didn't like it much either. I talked to him about it and he knew I was upset and now we have plans tonight, but in the back of my mind, I wonder if this will happen again.
I would suggest talking to him about it, making communication more clear and if you have a concrete plan, expecting him to follow through. If not, don't waste your time and frustrate yourself. Good luck, let us know if you do talk to him about it and how it goes.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:21 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,198,785 times
It's clear as the nose on your face. Take your finger for a second and touch your nose, there now thats real, its there and you can feel it....
Your not a priority or even that important, heck not even a phone call to be polite and curtious .......not quite sure how many of these you need to read before it begins to feel like your nose....it is what it is

Go out and enjoy your weekend and try to have some fun

And if this is for real then I am genuinely sorry

Old 05-24-2009, 12:34 PM

306 posts, read 532,894 times
Maybe I'm grasping at straws, but when I saw him on Monday he was acting like he really likes me. Hugging and kissing and stuff and then invited himself over this weekend, wanted me to text him when I got home, etc.. Not acting like a guy who was about to move on and diss me. So you see why I think it's strange he would suddenly blow me off like that?

Monday was also the day I told him I just want to have sex with him and that's it. I also let it drop that I'm dating other guys.

Is there a chance that maybe he does like me and figured out he is not okay with the only sex thing, especially since he knows I date other guys too? Maybe he felt used?

Maybe I'm grasping at straws but I'm just trying to figure this out. It just doesn't make sense to me so far.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:39 PM

52,418 posts, read 52,940,397 times
The OP is confusing me. First she starts about 18 threads about just wanting to do the bone dance with guys only, no strings attached. Now she has this thread acting all confused about him not calling or texting her back.

What's is gonna be no strings attached sex, or the whole drama of "Will he call me back"

Old 05-24-2009, 12:46 PM

306 posts, read 532,894 times
Chowhound...to me "no strings attached" doesn't mean treating someone with complete disregard. There is still common human decency and courtesy, no?

It's like this. HE made plans with ME for a holiday weekend. I could have planned something else! But I left my weekend open for him because he acted all eager and excited to come see me. So I don't know why you can't see how confusing and unreasonable it is that he can't even give me the common courtesy to let me know he's not coming after all! A text saying "I can't come" would have taken literally less than 30 seconds! I don't even deserve that, even though it is just a NSA r/ship???

Old 05-24-2009, 01:16 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,198,785 times
Well maybe just maybe now that he has found out all you want is a sex only relationship and you have admitted to seeing other men. He may have been into you a wee bit more when he made his plans then found out your a player.....you may have scared him or possibly he lost all respect for you and cant even see himself or bring himself to call and feels no remorse whatsoever. What does it matter? you got others to play with!

Old 05-24-2009, 01:21 PM

37,774 posts, read 46,266,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyogirl View Post
Chowhound...to me "no strings attached" doesn't mean treating someone with complete disregard. There is still common human decency and courtesy, no?
Generally, no. It is what it is. You want that type of relationship, then you pretty much give up the the plusses of the other.

Having your cake and eating it too is usually not possible.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:27 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,322,151 times
There is NEVER a good reason. Those good reasons are to be found only in our heads when we want to justify somebody's lack of interest.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:37 PM

390 posts, read 906,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon26pdx View Post
Nah he doesn't. Flaking out on someone is a pretty clear explanation of how you feel about them.
Yeah, I agree with him ^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships