Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 07:46 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
This also goes for female friends that I have that used to get beat by their fathers.
Amazingly sad.

A father should never lay a hand on his daughter in anger or as punishment because it gives the message it is ok to be beat.

It is never ok to be hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 3,606 times
A Professor attacked my 16 yr daughter after messing with her head for a year. I feel like cutting his throat and balls off but my daughter needs me. Both should go to therapy because it could get worse if she does nothing about it. He should go because he cannot control himself and she needs help because she should not accept being pushed around as acceptable.

Old 06-21-2009, 02:16 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
That is what people outside of this situation generally fail to understand. It is not her choice. She has been broken down so that she no longer has the ability to make choices. It is impoissible to understand people whohave been mentally destroyed until you work with them, or become one. It is a horrible situation. Basically this is like saying tha an abused child is at fault becuase they do not move out, or contact child protective services on their own.
It's usually the people who know nothing claiming to know it all. These are the people who blame the victim for the abuse and, in the same breath, jump all over them for not reporting it. Stupid.

It is a choice, yes. You can choose to stay and take the beatings or leave and die. There is nothing scarier than an abuser who has lost control over his victim.

Some of you would benefit from actually educating yourselves so when you spew forth something with such conviction, you can actually back it up.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:56 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,706,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
I don't even need to read the thread to answer.

If a man abuses he does not love. End of story.
I disagree. I think many abusive men do love their mate/victim. They just don't know how (or want) to control their very bad behavior.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:16 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
I disagree. I think many abusive men do love their mate/victim. They just don't know how (or want) to control their very bad behavior.
I am sorry but abuse is not love. I dont care if its a parent or if its a spouse. they may like their victim, but only enough to want to control them and abuse them.
thats like saying everytime an man hits hit girlfriend he is saying, "I love you"...that is a load of bull

Old 06-22-2009, 10:04 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,630 times
Maybe she had it coming. We dont know the whole story.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:36 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Maybe she had it coming. We dont know the whole story.
Excuse me?

Old 06-23-2009, 07:13 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
As I tell my daughter a couple of times a year, a man who hits, pushes, or threatens you is not a man who loves you--no matter how many nice things he says or how many sweet gestures he makes afterwards. The first time a man uses force in his dealings with you, simply walk out and never look back. Call me up, and I'll be there, and woe be unto the guy that lays anything besides a gentle hand on her.

The first time it happens, it's his fault. After that, it's as much her fault for allowing it.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:14 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times
What do I think? Violence is never the answer.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:16 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
What do I think? Violence is never the answer.
Oh, I don't know about that cliché. If some boy slapped my daughter around, I think a severe ass-kicking by me would provide some valuable negative reinforcement. Maybe use a baseball bat if he's a particularly slow learner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships