Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:51 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

Hey sometimes women abuse men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
Men that abuse women........ abuse women for a reason

They don't have the balls to start with another man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 09:09 PM

527 posts, read 1,282,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Hey sometimes women abuse men.
That's true too. I wonder how that happens?

Old 05-25-2009, 09:14 PM

27,347 posts, read 27,400,159 times
I think most women dont see the abuse coming. No one in their right mind would have even hooked up with someone in the first place if the guy was controlling, abusive. They start out charming, tender. After some time, the true colours come out. One little thing triggers them off and everything goes downhill from there. A lot of times, women, especially when you have kids, dont always have places to go. Sure, shelters are fine, but the guy will eventually find you. He knows the kid has to go to school He knows you have to work. And what do you do with the kids when youre at work. And he has family too. Get the picture?
Unfortunately, in some cases we wait till the damage is actually to the serious point to actually HAVE to find a way out. And you do.
I only hope she gets out before the abuse escalates. It took me a cracked rib, being pushed, being called names and degraded, controlled (he liked when I didnt work so I couldnt have any money to stash away) till finally it affected the kids and CPS stepped in and basically gave me an ultimatum. Dont let it get to that point!
Trouble is, with abuse, women too, are just as capable of abusing men too, and it does happen.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:34 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
Quote:
Men ... What Do YOU Think of Abusive Men?
I've always said that any man who abuses a woman is not a man, he's nothing but a coward. Physical, or any other kind of abuse is never warranted, even if the woman has done a wrong.

Paws917, this should be a red flag for your niece because it started out as a push, it could gradually get worse.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I've always said that any man who abuses a woman is not man, he's nothing but a coward. Physical, or any other kind of abuse is never warranted, even if the woman has done a wrong.

Paws917, this should be a red flag for your niece because it started out as a push, it could gradually get worse.
ditto as usual mike is on target -- hammer to the nail
what is disturbing is that many women find such men exciting and attractive. 9 out of 10 times will go back to them even with intervention.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 05-25-2009 at 09:50 PM..

Old 05-25-2009, 09:46 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Got any nephews? Have them pay him a visit with a baseball bat if he ever does it again.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:03 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,868,092 times
On a legal sense they are pretty damn stupid since the laws are biased towards women as is. Unfortunately men do not have such protections. Their is a law called, "violence against women act." Women for the most part have been the ones advancing domestic violence laws and hence those laws are designed to protect women, not men. In reality, the law should protect ANY victim of domestic violence, equally, not just women.

She could get him arrested & destroy his life pretty quickly if she used the courts.

People who hit other people, male or female, are very stupid. Also it isn't just men who do the hitting, women hit men as well. About 40% of all domestic violence incidents are women hitting men. According to studies, women are more likey than men to use weapons during disputes like guns or knives. Likewise, women are more likely than men to initiate confrontations which may lead to violence. A man may physically harm a female but a female will kill you.

YouTube - Woman Confesses To MURDER on Tom Leykis Show Part 2 - (NEWS REPORT) - CLICK PART ONE TO HEAR THE LIVE RADIO CALL CONFESSION!!!

Oh yea and that above case ended up being thrown out, even with a confession. Can you believe that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NomPlNWeIV8

Old 05-25-2009, 10:07 PM

602 posts, read 2,034,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think in olden times men would get together and "handle" these kind of things, long before f ing lawyers and courts.

I think any man that beats on women needs to have the shyt kicked out of him. I understand how husbands and wives fight and sometimes things get heated.
Agreed, but let me also add that women shouldn't hit men either, its only right.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
On a legal sense they are pretty damn stupid since the laws are biased towards women as is. Unfortunately men do not have such protections. Their is a law called, "violence against women act." Women for the most part have been the ones advancing domestic violence laws and hence those laws are designed to protect women, not men. In reality, the law should protect ANY victim of domestic violence, equally, not just women.

She could get him arrested & destroy his life pretty quickly if she used the courts.

People who hit other people, male or female, are very stupid. Also it isn't just men who do the hitting, women hit men as well. According to studies, women are more likey than men to use weapons during disputes like guns or knives. Likewise, women are more likely than men to initiate confrontations which may lead to violence. A man may physically harm a female but a female will kill you.

YouTube - Woman Confesses To MURDER on Tom Leykis Show Part 2 - (NEWS REPORT) - CLICK PART ONE TO HEAR THE LIVE RADIO CALL CONFESSION!!!

Oh yea and that above case ended up being thrown out, even with a confession. Can you believe that?

YouTube - Men's rights group file domestic violence lawsuit
fyi as currently taught in mandated CPS parenting classes in this county----domestic violence is 50/50 male/female and a woman is 4 1/2 times more prone to use a weapon in a confrontation. this reverses what was taught in the same classes 12 years ago by the same county .

Old 05-25-2009, 10:14 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
The law does protect men from violence, not as many report it because of the embarassment they attach to it.

Quote:
HE could get himself arrested by hitting her. Or does she owe him the courtesy of not calling the cops on him? You'd be happy to know that many women don't.

Quote:
According to studies, women are more likey than men to use weapons during disputes like guns or knives. A man may physically harm a female but a female will kill you.
They are more likely to use weapons because they cannot physically defend themselves against [ETA: or abuse, if that is the case] someone stronger and bigger than them. And many women have died at the hands of their abusers and stalkers, most of whom were former intimates. If you are going to quote studies, quote it all and not just what serves to promote further hatred towards women.

Quote:
She deserves to go to jail, but where did you read that the case was thrown out of court?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships