Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 01:13 PM

943 posts, read 3,161,454 times

Advertisements

So many divorced men I know who are in their 40s and 50s are advertising for women about 30 in the personal ads and looking for them in clubs etc. A guy in the office is about 50 and he will not look at a woman over 35. For some strange reason they are getting dates with these "young chicks" as they called them.

I wonder about the logic of these relationships. I remember when I was in my 20s and 30s I thought men over 40 were ancient. I thought they were fuddy duddies. I would not have even considered dating a man that age. The men I know looking for a young chick for love tell me they look 35 not fifty and feel great. (They look 50). They insist they have lots in common and can talk all night. I struggle understanding people 20 years younger than me.

I do not see many 50 year old women in the office who are looking for love looking to date a 30 year old man.

Yes, I know it makes some of them feel young. It would make me feel old dating someone so much younger. How about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2009, 01:15 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,333,269 times
No.

If I were 48, then a 38-year-old woman would be fine... adult, plenty of life experience, etc.

but here at my age level, women who are much younger are often immature and we can't relate to each other due to gaps in life experience, etc. I can somewhat relate to them as they are going through what I already experienced, but they cant' relate to me.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:22 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,967,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
I do not see many 50 year old women in the office who are looking for love looking to date a 30 year old man.
Thats because there arent any 30 year old men who would even entertain the idea of being involved with a 50 year old woman.

There are lots of 30 year old women would love to be with a 40-50 year old man though. Ive seen it with my own eyes where I live. Heck, I know one mid 20s something beautiful Russian/Moldavian girl who was married to late 50s Moscow guy. Young woman/older man relationships are much more common than old woman/younger man. After all, there is a point were the Cougar becomes a "Coyote" and loses all desirable traits that a 30 year old male would want.

Its just the way it is.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
Maybe for looks, and a night... but the companionship part I prefer someone a little closer to my age.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:28 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
Yes, I know it makes some of them feel young. It would make me feel old dating someone so much younger. How about you?
I think age is a more defined thing for men. At least if children are an option or want. The harsh truth in my view is the younger the woman is, the more time she has and the less likely she is to have already had them.

As for desirability beyond initial physical attraction? Hardly ever, the further from your age you get the less likely you are to be interested in the same things overall, or be able to relate to.

If I went 20 years younger, I'd have my name in the paper from going to jail as it'd be likely a good percentage hadn't even hit puberty yet. I can't see "wanting" that even when it would be legal. I don't believe you have to have everything in common for a successful relationship, but you do have to be seeing the relationship from the same perspective. Just isn't going to happen 99% of the time when the gap is THAT large.

Last edited by Waynec613; 06-01-2009 at 01:38 PM..

Old 06-01-2009, 01:29 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,879,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Thats because there arent any 30 year old men who would even entertain the idea of being involved with a 50 year old woman.

There are lots of 30 year old women would love to be with a 40-50 year old man though. Ive seen it with my own eyes where I live. Heck, I know one mid 20s something beautiful Russian/Moldavian girl who was married to late 50s Moscow guy. Young woman/older man relationships are much more common than old woman/younger man. After all, there is a point were the Cougar becomes a "Coyote" and loses all desirable traits that a 30 year old male would want.

Its just the way it is.

Do the names Demi & Ashton ring any bells? LOLOL

I know what you are saying but Cougars are a lot more common than you seem to realize. A guy that young would never be my personal choice, but to each her own.

When I was in my late 20's, I entered into a very long term relationship with a man 17 years my senior. It was an amazing 10 years. However, I am now very happy to be married to a man just 1 year older than myself as opposed to a man who is now 66 years old. Life is to short, IMO, to worry about early widowhood.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:29 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,365,047 times
Let me see... hmmm, taut, svelte bodies, clear, smooth skin, big smiling eyes and an open heart?

Nah, why would I be?

Ok, a real answer... I'm in my 40's, if I were to have a relationship with any woman in her 20's she would've had to have been around ... and of course there go the smiling eyes and the open heart. Not always, I know. There are miraculous women out there, out anywhere, of all ages, and I truly love you all ... believe it or not.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:30 PM

857 posts, read 1,423,495 times
Just follow the formula 1/2 age plus 7

(Older age/ 2) + 7 must be less than or equal to the younger persons age.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:30 PM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,183,898 times
There is something to be said about a young vibrant lady and then there is something to be said about the more mature sexy lady to..........I get so confused....

Old 06-01-2009, 01:32 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,365,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
There is something to be said about a young vibrant lady and then there is something to be said about the more mature sexy lady to..........I get so confused....

You have my permission to try them all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships