Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 05:07 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
So, what is your personal relationship with the man or woman who cuts your hair?
I have no relationship with the person that cuts my hair. I get my hair cut by whoever is available at the time I can get it done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 05:08 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,756 times
ive always wanted that relationship with my hairdresser but I am just not a talker. And besides it was a big shop so they saw plenty of ppl that came in alot more often than I. And now that I moved away and can nolonger go to that shop I do my own hair.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:20 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,877,896 times
He's great. We talk non-stop the entire time I'm there.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:02 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times

YouTube - Morrissey - Hairdresser on Fire (live) Hultsfred

Old 06-08-2009, 06:26 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,945 times
I hate hair salons. They stink (they smell like perm solution and hair dye), and the hairdressers are gabby and annoying.

I wear my hair collar length and simple, and when the ends need a trim, my husband takes care of it.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:04 PM

546 posts, read 1,679,142 times
I used to be a hair stylist before I retired to be a full time mom. Coming from the other side, I think most of us stylists know there are plenty of different kinds of people out there, from those who are friendly, to the oddball nudist who loves to tell a little too much (oh yes I had that one and several other quirky clients), to the person who just wants their hair cut and only speaks when giving their instructions.

I never cut corners on any of my clients no matter what kind of personality they had.I always gave them my best. I will however admit that I would bend over backwards for a client if I knew they appreciated my work for them. Running late? No problem. Cant get here before the salon is closing? I'll keep the lights on. Need an emergency fix? C'mon down. And I think most stylists would do the same.

I had some fantastic people I worked with over the years, who became not just clients, but friends I would see outside of work. I actually just had one former client find me online after having been retired for 3 years and moved out of state. It made me feel so good!

It's all going to depend on how well the personalities of stylist and client combine. When I moved out of state and had to actually find my own stylist, I was very picky, not only for how well they could do hair (although that was majorly important for me) but how well my personality and theirs jived together. It took me awhile to find the perfect fit and now I wont go see anyone else.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:08 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
We have a love/hate relationship...I love him when it is great and I hate him when it looks bad!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
Because she is quite expensive most of her customers are well paid professionals and they may think even though she makes good money they are a different class than her.
I seriously, seriously doubt you go to an expensive hairdresser. First of all, you don't work during the day. Second of all, you're a man.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:15 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
I seriously, seriously doubt you go to an expensive hairdresser. First of all, you don't work during the day. Second of all, you're a man.
Maybe he is John Edwards!

Old 06-08-2009, 11:30 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,144,684 times
My hairdresser is really cool and we get along very well. We like a lot of the same things and will talk a lot. I let her talk more though, but I am a quiet person by nature and I can tell she enjoys talking.

There have been times when I am very tired and do not feel like talking much though. I'll just flip through mags & sip the coffee or wine they give me.

Maybe this hairdresser needs to remember that people may come to her stressed and tired, and they may see their getting their hair done as a chance to relax and unwind (as you feel a bit pampered), not a chance to socialize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships