Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 11:00 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times

Advertisements

Hmmm...Lets see..... Your not considered BF/GF, but yet he comes to see you for SEX, at least 3 or 4 X a wk.
My advice would be that your too easy and available for him.
Move on. Sex only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 03:01 AM

23 posts, read 61,543 times
Enjoy what you have while you have it.
We all have dozens of compatible mates in the world.
If this one doesn't go the distance, there'll be another.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:55 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAshley View Post
That's the thing, I'm sort of afraid to bring up the topic. What if I am over analyzing and then I ruin what we've got now?
What is it that you have now?

Honestly, lay out what it is you think you have now and why is it special?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:00 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
I don't know if its only sex or not, but he sounds really sweet.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:12 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,868,747 times
Quote:
I know this question has been asked, but my situation is a little different. I've been seeing this guy for about 2 and a half months. We're not together like boyfriend/girlfriend, but neither of us are sleeping with or seeing anyone else. I talk to him almost everyday, we go out and play pool and he takes me to dinner on occasion. He comes over probably 3 or 4 times a week and we usually end up having sex on those days/nights. When I visit him at work, he talks and flirts with me and if another girl walks in, he'll kind of flirt with her, but he will keep looking over at me to see my reaction and he always brings up some of my male friends, asking about them or just making remarks about them. Most of the time he's the sweetest man in the world, but sometimes it seems like he just doesn't care at all. When we first started hanging out, not sleeping together, but just hanging out, we agreed that we wouldn't get attached to each other or start a real relationship because "if everything goes as planned" he's moving in about 6 months. My friends say that when they see us together, they think that he really likes me and wants more than what we have. But I don't know.
Don't try to read too much into this relationship you have with this guy. He seems to have some kind of respect for you but doesn't seem to be overly involved. I guess this qualifies for that new thing called Friends with Benefits which I think ruins the whole idea of a commitment or relationshp between two people. Of course, I am older so perhaps this is beyond my comprehension, however, back "in the day" we just didn't sleep with someone unless the relationship was going in a more serious direction. By sleeping casually with someone, you run the risk of becoming more emotionally involved with that person than he may be with you. Women tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves and it sure sounds like you are more involved emotionally than he is or you would not be looking for signs that he really likes you.

The dilemma you are now in is that after only having been with this guy for two months, you really can't and shouldn't back him into a wall and try to get an answer from him about commitment. You took the chance of getting emotionally involved and now that you have, you have to ride it out for the duration of the time he is around and see what happens. Youi did say he may be moving in 6 months and from what this sounds like, he probably won't ask you to go with him and you may not want to. See what I mean by creating such a "mess" when you have friends with benefits? Someone most always gets hurt. I would back off and take a long hard look at what is going on and then decide if you want to continue in this type of a relationship or look for someone who can commit to you.

Good Luck

Old 06-20-2009, 07:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
If you want a committed relationship, it's time for you to move on. It sounds like it's just sex, you're convenient. He's living up to the original terms of your relationship with him but don't expect anything more.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:40 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
When I visit him at work, he talks and flirts with me and if another girl walks in, he'll kind of flirt with her, but he will keep looking over at me to see my reaction
Flirting with others in your presence is more a sign of his lack of respect for your relationship with him, making sure you know he's still on the prowl, that he's available to others. If he's looking to see your reaction, then your reaction must be entertaining to him.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:56 AM

306 posts, read 531,160 times
Well its obvious he likes you or he would not be spending so much time with you. But that doesn't mean he is now wanting something serious with you. I'm sure he really doesn't want to get emotionally involved if he might be moving.

Women in these "casual" sex relationships ALWAYS want to overanalyze and read into little things. It's sooo hard to just take it for what it is, and not start wanting more. If he is sweet or acts slightly jealous or whatever, just take that for what it is. Maybe he is just a sweet guy and the jealous thing is just cute and flirty. That could just be his personality. He's charming and endearing. It does get confusing though. I've been in the same situation. It's easier when the guy is an a$$ and just acts cold and aloof and stuff.

But I think you should try to remain detached. I know it's hard when you like someone and are having good sex and having fun with them. But you two already set the terms of the r/ship, and until something is said to change that, those are the terms, no matter what. If you want to change those terms, you can ask him what he thinks about you two being more than just "casual" and see what he says. If he really does have feelings for you and want more he will be happy to talk about that with you. If he avoids the topic or looks uncomfortable or gives unsatisfactory answers, it's because he doesn't want things to change.

Quote:
I know this question has been asked, but my situation is a little different. I've been seeing this guy for about 2 and a half months. We're not together like boyfriend/girlfriend, but neither of us are sleeping with or seeing anyone else. I talk to him almost everyday, we go out and play pool and he takes me to dinner on occasion. He comes over probably 3 or 4 times a week and we usually end up having sex on those days/nights. When I visit him at work, he talks and flirts with me and if another girl walks in, he'll kind of flirt with her, but he will keep looking over at me to see my reaction and he always brings up some of my male friends, asking about them or just making remarks about them. Most of the time he's the sweetest man in the world, but sometimes it seems like he just doesn't care at all. When we first started hanging out, not sleeping together, but just hanging out, we agreed that we wouldn't get attached to each other or start a real relationship because "if everything goes as planned" he's moving in about 6 months. My friends say that when they see us together, they think that he really likes me and wants more than what we have. But I don't know.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:58 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
he is ready for sex but is not ready for committment.
have him committed.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:45 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,045,108 times
It's incredible how naive people are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships