Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:23 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,692,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chariotoffire View Post
I feel like pouting, grunting, sighing. This stinks.
I'm sorry. Remember you deserve to be with someone who will really appreciate you and want to be with you. At 19 you've got lots of time to date, have fun, and enjoy life. When the right one comes along she'll wqant to be with you as much as you want to be with her. Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2009, 04:36 PM

1,121 posts, read 3,670,766 times
Ethics is an extremely important thing in this day and age. As a college student, I am sure you are aware of that. You have to start thinking with your real brain and tell your "little friend" to calm down.
Generally, getting involved with someone you work with is a bad idea. Everyone around you figures it out and if it goes bad you become a topic of gossip and people laugh at you. If you like your job, you are stuck not only facing the person you broke up with but the contempt of others when she starts telling her friends in the workplace all about you and your social and physical flaws. In retaliation you will do the same and destroy both of your work place reputations. This, of course is an extreme example, but after 41 years in the corporate world, I have seen plenty of it. I think this young woman is ambitious and is avoiding you for just that reason and she is correct.
Don't let yourself get caught in an endless ego loop of hanging on until you win. It's not worth it. Concentrate on your real purpose for being in this class in the first place. Get involved in new activities, and go out with other friends and have fun. You will find someone else soon. After all, there are more females than males in the world, the odds are in your favor!

Last edited by yukiko11; 06-13-2009 at 04:47 PM..

Old 06-13-2009, 06:37 PM

6 posts, read 17,143 times
Thanks for the advice everyone. But, its something more than "telling my little friend to calm down" (referring to previous post by yukiko11). She does something more for me.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:22 PM

78,676 posts, read 60,867,104 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice everyone. But, its something more than "telling my little friend to calm down" (referring to previous post by yukiko11). She does something more for me.
4 years is a HUGE difference at that age. Play it cool, you might get an opportunity down the line.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:54 PM

6 posts, read 17,143 times
maybe i'm just being selfish.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:22 PM

709 posts, read 1,769,600 times
Quote:
4 years is a HUGE difference at that age. Play it cool, you might get an opportunity down the line.
4 years is not a huge difference. She is not even old enough to be his mother let alone old enough to be his grandmother.

Old 06-16-2009, 11:38 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,670,766 times
I gave all the advice I could as a woman. Come on guys and step up to the plate. If you are over 30 you have been there and done that. Help this person to do the right thing for himself.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:17 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,204,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
I gave all the advice I could as a woman. Come on guys and step up to the plate. If you are over 30 you have been there and done that. Help this person to do the right thing for himself.
I really don't know what else can be said. Whether or not a workplace romance is advisable (and whether in the OP's situation it would actually be a workplace romance) is irrelevant.

Bottom line - he expressed his interest, and she said she IS NOT INTERESTED, in no uncertain terms. You can't force someone to be into you if they aren't. End of story.

I know its tough, rejections sucks balls, but OP, you just need to move on. She's left you no other choice.

Frankly, I'm not sure how this thread got to 2 pages....

Old 06-18-2009, 04:40 PM

982 posts, read 3,491,052 times
I hate to sound like a mom...but I am lol. It will be hard, but you should probably move on. When I was 23, I'd NEVER dream of dating a younger guy. Even if she interested, she's probably more worried about what her friends will think about her dating a younger guy. Check in with her when she's in her 30s...and not afraid to be her own person.

Old 06-18-2009, 07:29 PM

7,525 posts, read 17,011,011 times
Quote:
I feel like pouting, grunting, sighing. This stinks.
That right there is the turn off...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships