Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 04:49 PM

6,756 posts, read 4,450,846 times

Advertisements

I`m 5''8 and I like short women, 5''0 to 5''4, and if they like me, I guess that makes me tall.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:41 PM

1,823 posts, read 1,885,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I like taller men myself, but am currently sort of talking to this guy thats my height he is only 5'6, but his personality is so great that I dont even care that he is short.
A persons personality is such that he/she can make anyone look timid ..appearance is alright but a smart intelligent person with attention to detail is someone whos admired for his/her mannerisms and intellect..more than what he/she looks to be like u know ..yeah lolz ..no im not drunk.. dont drink liquor !!

Old 01-08-2010, 05:50 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,440,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
I`m 5''8 and I like short women, 5''0 to 5''4, and if they like me, I guess that makes me tall.
We're the best!

And I think taller women have it easier actually. A lot of men think I am too short and would rather date an amazon. I am thin though, not one of those short fat people.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:29 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,238,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
We're the best!

And I think taller women have it easier actually. A lot of men think I am too short and would rather date an amazon. I am thin though, not one of those short fat people.

tell that to my oldest daughter, she is just shy of 6'6" tall and has a hard time getting a guy to ask her out on a date.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:58 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,365,795 times
Your thread is a no brainer!!

Old 01-09-2010, 01:44 PM

1,719 posts, read 4,190,597 times
You're right. Short men have severely limited dating options. I am 5'7 if I'm lucky, so I feel your pain. Although being 5'2 1/2 is way worse than 5'7. Whereas I am on the "short" end of normal, you are on the short end of short.

However, if you have stuff going on in your life then you can get women. That's the great thing about being a guy; our looks can be overshadowed by other attributes we have whereas a woman only has her looks and that's it. That list of famous short dudes is the perfect example. They are rich, funny, and talented. That overrules the fact that they are short. Make yourself the alpha male. Accomplish and do things that other guys will look up to and that will cause them to defer to you. This gives you status and power. Women like to **** dudes with status and power. The "thing you need to do" could be everything from running a company, being in a band, or doing cool creative things that people notice. Basically, you need to make things happen.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:51 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,272,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
tell that to my oldest daughter, she is just shy of 6'6" tall and has a hard time getting a guy to ask her out on a date.
Is it the location, or the height? LOL......... JK Rugged Massad Ayoob - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-09-2010, 01:57 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,440,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I find guys want to date women around 5'8" though...rather than someone my height, which is 5'1".

I have a cousin (guy) who is 6'8"...maybe good for your daughter.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:03 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,272,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I find guys want to date women around 5'8" though...rather than someone my height, which is 5'1".

I have a cousin (guy) who is 6'8"...maybe good for your daughter.
Nah, shorter is better if you are a secure man that doesn't need the protection?LOL.........

Old 01-09-2010, 02:06 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,166,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So many times I hear people offering an oppinion on this, but never any facts. Well, here are 5 different scientific studies that show what women look for in a man: HEIGHT
<snip>
Face it: short men have a better chance of winning the lottery then they do of finding a mate. Either prove me wrong using evidence, or fall silent.
Here's the deal. Women want tall men not because they're tall but because they're programmed to want big men to defend them and their offspring. SAFETY, SECURITY, and PROVIDER are the key things here. All goes back to evolution, which was that men provided resources and safety while women had and raised the kids. Mother nature isn't a feminist, and evolution isn't Policitally Correct. We still screen for mates based on those classic evolutionary traits.

Now that we know this we can use it to our advantage. If you're a short guy such as myself, you can still get all sorts of women. The key is to espouse those characterists women subconsiously look for from tall men. That is to say you want women to feel secure, protected, safe, and that you'll be able to provide for them when they have your kids. And here's the part you all have to understand: it doesn't have to make a lick of logical sense. For example, the woman you are interseted in may not even want kids and could make more than you do! Still doesn't matter. Attraction isn't a choice, which is to say it's not a logical decision. Women feel attraction to a man and that's that. It is what it is. You either espouse those traits or you don't. Women naturally are attracted to tall men as a shortcut because they naturally generate those feelings in women. It's instinctual.

Bottom line is you can still get women if you can trip those attraction switches in the famale brain regardless of how tall you are, how much you make, what kind of house you live in, what you look like, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships