Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 AM

1,643 posts, read 4,440,477 times

Advertisements

Being skinny is a good thing.... Usually the "athletic build" type guys in high school and early/mid 20's get fat and disgusting by the time they hit 30. While the skinny/geeky guys age much much better. The advantage the skinny guys have is that it really doesnt take much for them to bulk up and become lean. While the once athletic guys who dropped the football for the remote control have to try much much hader to get back into shape again because all that muscle has turned into blubber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 08:27 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,448,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Being skinny is a good thing.... Usually the "athletic build" type guys in high school and early/mid 20's get fat and disgusting by the time they hit 30. While the skinny/geeky guys age much much better. The advantage the skinny guys have is that it really doesnt take much for them to bulk up and become lean. While the once athletic guys who dropped the football for the remote control have to try much much hader to get back into shape again because all that muscle has turned into blubber.
My God I've seen some major generalisations at this site. But congrats I think you just got first prize.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:44 AM

78,718 posts, read 60,905,430 times
Heh, he said women like guys with big bones.

Being fit and muscular is one thing that is within each persons control and age is a great equalizer. Guys\gals in their 20's with good genes can do little and still look better than another guy\gal that exercises. By the time 30's and 40's etc. start to roll around the people who are in shape start to be more attractive.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:17 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,364,969 times
There's really no such thing as Big Boned, but anyway people with strong muscular structure as myself work hard at it. It's a lifestyle, while people are at the bars we are hitting the gym. When everyone is eating fast food for lunch and eating donuts in the Am we are eating chicken breats and Brocolli. It's hard work and dedication.

Steroids don't make a person muscular by themselves, it takes training, good eating habits, and good sleeping habits to work.

Anyone on here can obtain that goal if they wish, they just have to put the time in but most like to take the easy route and say I was nbot born this way, or I have bad genetics.

BTW I am almost 33 and probably more athletic than most kids in their teens to 20's. Not trying to brag, but to prove a point that it can be done.

PS. My genetics suck

Old 06-18-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
There's really no such thing as Big Boned, but anyway people with strong muscular structure as myself work hard at it. It's a lifestyle, while people are at the bars we are hitting the gym. When everyone is eating fast food for lunch and eating donuts in the Am we are eating chicken breats and Brocolli. It's hard work and dedication.

Steroids don't make a person muscular by themselves, it takes training, good eating habits, and good sleeping habits to work.

Anyone on here can obtain that goal if they wish, they just have to put the time in but most like to take the easy route and say I was nbot born this way, or I have bad genetics.

BTW I am almost 33 and probably more athletic than most kids in their teens to 20's. Not trying to brag, but to prove a point that it can be done.

PS. My genetics suck
Hear, hear agree with all that....unless you have a bone degenerate disorder and don't have long to live, or some other extreme and equally rare condition....there is actually little difference in actual adult male bone size.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:14 AM

943 posts, read 3,165,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Hear, hear agree with all that....unless you have a bone degenerate disorder and don't have long to live, or some other extreme and equally rare condition....there is actually little difference in actual adult male bone size.

These impressive men have chins, elbows, and forarms twice the size of mine. My bones are small and brittle.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
These impressive men have chins, elbows, and forarms twice the size of mine. My bones are small and brittle.
Lack of resistance training on your behalf. Not only does it increase muscle strength but also bone strength and density.

Along with diet.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:21 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,364,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
It's more along the lines of bone structure, high cheekbones, long jawline, or what you would call chiseled features. I don't have any of that..lol

Forearms look big due to muscles as well as elbows.

Not everyone is built the same, so I know what you mean. but the term "big boned" really isn't true.

Now small and brittle is a different issue all in itself, perhaps lack of calcium, or you're just getting older where our wonderful bodies start to deteriorate. In any case as dave nz pointed out above a lil training will go a long way.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:54 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,193,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
It's more along the lines of bone structure, high cheekbones, long jawline, or what you would call chiseled features. I don't have any of that..lol

Forearms look big due to muscles as well as elbows.

Not everyone is built the same, so I know what you mean. but the term "big boned" really isn't true.

Now small and brittle is a different issue all in itself, perhaps lack of calcium, or you're just getting older where our wonderful bodies start to deteriorate. In any case as dave nz pointed out above a lil training will go a long way.
I don't know if the term is correct in it's usual meaning, but I do fit the description. Even when far younger and fully healthy weight the average person would be hard pressed to get their hand around my forearm. And I don't mean because I was working out at the time.

That's pretty much passed on from my mother's end. I am working out now, painful as it is, and as boring as it is. Only started again a couple of days ago, and it's still a new experience in "ow" just to try and brush my hair at this time.

Old 06-18-2009, 10:57 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,713,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Muscle cannot turn into blubber. It is biologically impossible, as is the reverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships