Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 01:25 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,704,361 times

Advertisements

No -

I'm a very silly person - I'm goofy and smile and play allot

My husband is quiet and to himself - it's really starting to effect my moods. I've been with him for years and it really is starting to get me depressed. But I can't ask him to be what he's not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 02:15 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,514,650 times
We are about as opposite as can be!!!He doesn't have much of a sense of humor, I do. He thinks a house is just a place to eat and sleep, I make a house a home. He loves to argue his point all the time..I am a listener. He likes TVLand , I like Lifetime ,documentaries and news. He makes excuses for his mistakes..I own up to mine.. We get along very well, guess there might be something to "opposites attract"..

Old 05-07-2007, 02:24 PM

54 posts, read 270,896 times
My honey and I act like toddlers with each other when we want to get our way...and we each fall for it every time! I love it!

Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,255,285 times
My husband likes to arch his buttox, aim, and shoot his fart out at me. It's totally disgusting. Every once in a while I'll do it back but his farts are much more powerful, and potent, than mine. He's a dufus but I love him!

Old 05-07-2007, 11:59 PM

10 posts, read 37,758 times
We have been married 29 years and still laugh, goof off, do silly things to each other, just all around enjoy each other and have fun doing it.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:46 AM

146 posts, read 738,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnStanley View Post
It was only when things got serious that the trouble began... as long as we could laugh at ourselves, and with our children, we did just fine. As soon as the laughter stopped, the love went away...
DITTO!
My soon to be ex only finds humor at other people's expense, where I am not ashamed to act like a goof and make fun of myself.
THANK GOD for my 4 sons and their "childish" sense of humor!
After a tough stressful day, a little laughter shared between us can make all the difference in the world.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:18 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,737,168 times
He's not my spouse yet, but my boyfriend and I are very silly together, it's a lot of fun. He has definitely brought out my goofy side because he is such a goof. He makes me laugh so much, there's a lot of making fun of each other, and tickling, and wrestling, and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Old 09-14-2007, 02:15 PM

160 posts, read 775,295 times
My boyfriend (well ex as of right now) and I are like that.. we are playful, always poking at the other to laugh, tickle, wrestle, etc. Laughter is common with us and I love it. We both have our pet names for each other and its funny to say them in front of other people

Old 09-14-2007, 03:11 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,309,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I did put a frog under the covers on his side of the bed once. But the joke was on me. The dog found the frog and ate it. Then the dog threw up the frog on MY side of the bed! No good deed will ever go unpunished!

Oh. Um. I mean, I'm so sorry to hear that.

As for the topic - yes, we're very silly together. He serenades me in the grocery store, to whatever song is playing in the store at the time. He loves cartoons - from Bugs Bunny to The Simpsons to Futurama, and just about everything in between. Puns are our weakness - neither of us can resist, and we're both good at it.

Pet names? Normally it's sweetie (me) and honey (him), but when we're feeling goofy it's Stinky Butt (him) and Smelly Head (me).

I wouldn't have it any other way. There's no way I could be with someone who doesn't have a sense of humor. I just don't get those people at all. Life is too short to take yourself too seriously!

Old 09-14-2007, 03:15 PM

121 posts, read 521,989 times

Yep, we are both silly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships