Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 PM

454 posts, read 688,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Or they just have trouble connecting with other people.

But thats not being shy, thats being anti-social. If you went up to a woman, and attempted to strike up a conversation and she just walked off or hid behind her girlfriends, what would think? Matter of fact, lets get even deeper, what if you went to strike up a conversation with a GUY, a MAN and he did the same thing? You'd think somethings wrong with that man right?

People who absolutely avoid a conversation with someone has social issues, but thats another topic...back to silly internet men!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 10:46 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I agree with you on the whole online thing..but no way will I be avoiding any bars. Even if I go to meet no one, its fun to go out to bars, far more better than online.

And...you dont know me from a hole in the wall. Maybe you're married with 20 kids and are a stay at home mom who never sees the light of day. So of course you wouldnt know what type of jerks exist on these dating sites. I suggest if you cant say anything worthwhile, say nothing at all because you're just being a ******. (and excuse me, I hope I dont get in trouble with anyone here, but she deserved to be called that as her post is the epitomy of that)
While she's missed a few posts so I'm "uncool" now.. I'd have to go with no, she's not the epitome of anything here. As a jerk/*******/douche that has used the dating sites in the past, your attitude astounds, amazes, confuses, belittles, degrades, and is self-edifying ranting.

They suck because they don't talk to you, or perhaps are trying to read body-language, or get eye-contact, some sign before they run up to you in person, and the ones that don't frequent bars and the like suck. Must have baggage, or otherwise be that way for a reason..

Can't effing win with some women. What the hell is an "internet man" anyhow? Seriously? Do you think because of breasts you're somehow the only person to get lousy dates, or otherwise pick someone 3 fries short of a happy meal?

You admittedly already pointed out that you met up with at least 1 you noted to date online as well as frequent a club/bar, so I'm not even sure of the specificity of the rant.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
What the hell is an "internet man" anyhow? Seriously?
Internet Man: a man who is met off a dating site AND frequents the dating sites often, but not necessarily looking to meet in person or connect on any sort of level. They are usually bored and horny, even lazy. After they meet that person, they are right back online again looking for the next best thing which probably doesnt even exist. They rarely take anyone seriously and are usually short lived; 1-6 weeks. They tend to be very discreet in some type of way, due to having baggage or being involved.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:54 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
But thats not being shy, thats being anti-social. If you went up to a woman, and attempted to strike up a conversation and she just walked off or hid behind her girlfriends, what would think? Matter of fact, lets get even deeper, what if you went to strike up a conversation with a GUY, a MAN and he did the same thing? You'd think somethings wrong with that man right?

People who absolutely avoid a conversation with someone has social issues, but thats another topic...back to silly internet men!
No, no, you've never met someone who was shy maybe. If they're even out in a club, they're the ones sitting at that table, all by themselves. Maybe you asked if you could borrow the other chairs they weren't using, and they said "Sure." Instead of you asking if you could SIT at their table...and they may have said "Sure" again. If they were anti-social they would have said nothing to the first, and "No" to the second. They're not going to seek out conversation, but even if you get them talking, they are not going to seek a deeper connection with you right away. It's not in them to be that way.

When I was doing karaoke, I "knew" Rick, Sue, George, Jeff, "Little John", "Big John", Reesa...but only on sight. I didn't have any phone numbers, know where they lived or worked, I didn't connect with them. Even today, I pretty much go to work, do my shopping, and usually STAY HOME. I'm not big on going out. If I go out, I want to do some karaoke though. Drinking, dancing, those aren't my thing.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Internet Man: a man who is met off a dating site AND frequents the dating sites often, but not necessarily looking to meet in person or connect on any sort of level. They are usually bored and horny, even lazy. After they meet that person, they are right back online again looking for the next best thing which probably doesnt even exist. They rarely take anyone seriously and are usually short lived; 1-6 weeks.
1-6weeks dating, talking, on the site itself, then leaving? I could see this in perhaps the 21-28 age range, but I don't bother with it much.

It's serious to me when I do it, same as if I'm talking to someone at a bar/gathering. Sorry...Bored, horny, psycho, stupid, and lazy are in the bars as well. Sneezy is there too, but nobody notices him since he's so short, and due to that he doesn't get any play (according to a recent thread).

Old 06-28-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
If they're even out in a club, they're the ones sitting at that table, all by themselves.
I avoid those types even more! The ones who are avoiding the crowd are doing so for a reason, they arent looking!

Example: Had seen a guy before at the club just sitting in a corner all by himself. Im thinking to myself, "whats up with this dude, he was super cute" So me, being the once-aggressive type, went up to him and struck up a conversation. turns out he was there with his friend, while his boyfriend was at home. Whoa!

Guys who are all alone and not trying to be around the crowd, I dont bother. Now, if he's alone but in the crowd, or around some friends...then yeah I have no trouble going up to him.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
Sorry...Bored, horny, psycho, stupid, and lazy are in the bars as well.
but its easier to tell them apart! They are usually the ones with no drink, maybe just a cigarrette, texting to people who are sleep! I NEVER go up to those guys, well...I used to, then they were all jerks!

Online? They may seem normally, but invariably all they have to talk about is how bored and horny they are. Absolutely no enthusiasm for the girl they just hit up and want to ****! Sure, saying you're bored and horny sure gonna make me want to **** you! Jerk!

Old 06-28-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I avoid those types even more! The ones who are avoiding the crowd are doing so for a reason, they arent looking!

Example: Had seen a guy before at the club just sitting in a corner all by himself. Im thinking to myself, "whats up with this dude, he was super cute" So me, being the once-aggressive type, went up to him and struck up a conversation. turns out he was there with his friend, while his boyfriend was at home. Whoa!

Guys who are all alone and not trying to be around the crowd, I dont bother. Now, if he's alone but in the crowd, or around some friends...then yeah I have no trouble going up to him.
Again, I'm shy. I'm not likely to go up to someone and express interest. I've always waited for her to express an interest in me. Then, if I am single at the time, I'll admit to being open to a relationship. Of course, relationships differ, and with some we've frequently gone out to dinner, whereas with others we just hung around the same house together. I don't think I went out to bars much with any of them...once we were together. None of them enjoyed karaoke that much, and that's my only reason for going.

And sex? That comes MUCH later. Maybe after knowing you for a few weeks?

Old 06-28-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
but its easier to tell them apart! They are usually the ones with no drink, maybe just a cigarrette, texting to people who are sleep! I NEVER go up to those guys, well...I used to, then they were all jerks!

Online? They may seem normally, but invariably all they have to talk about is how bored and horny they are. Absolutely no enthusiasm for the girl they just hit up and want to ****! Sure, saying you're bored and horny sure gonna make me want to **** you! Jerk!
I would think it would be far easier online myself, considering the ones looking solely to get your panties off and chuck you later make very little pretense at it online as opposed to other venues. At least those are the normal complaints I note from women who use them. Get far more trash barking at you, but it's easier to kick to the curb. And you're not limited to getting lucky one night when the one decent one you might be compatible in your area decides to go for a night out with his friends and happens to pick the same venue/bar/club as you.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:33 PM

If a guy is a jerk to you 2% of the time, is he still a jerk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships