Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 10:07 AM

213 posts, read 672,257 times

Advertisements

Would you tell someone you liked and wanted to persue a relationship with, exactly how you feel about them, or continue to not say anything and hope they catch the clues or say something first.
For a woman is that too bold, or just playing games?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 AM

551 posts, read 1,925,064 times
As a guy, I wish at times the woman would have said something. It takes out a lot of guesswork!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:10 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,897,775 times
It's not playing games. Sometiems clues can be good if you want to avoid an embarassing rejection. With a confession, you have commited and may ruin a friendship or whatever it is. Clues can be dismissed by yourself as a joke if it backfires. Just make sure to drop obvious clues.

If a girl came up to me and just said, "i have feelings for you" I would be running for the hills. Guys enjoy the chase and the "games" to an extent. Guys always want what they can't have. Thats why we(or most of us)have cheated.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:11 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
Would you tell someone you liked and wanted to persue a relationship with, exactly how you feel about them, or continue to not say anything and hope they catch the clues or say something first.
For a woman is that too bold, or just playing games?
No. It's not too bold.

I think a guy would rather you come right out and say you like them than to beat round the bush making hints and signals he cannot read.

Go up and tell him. Seriously.

"Your hot. I would love to be in a relationship with you."

How could you go wrong?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:12 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,452,897 times
I might say to a man, "I like you too" but I am not going to say to him, "I think you are hot and when you are away, I can't stop touching myself."

I usually moderate what I say. I want to come off as being a lady, not a ho. And frankly, I think a gentleman appreciates a little bit of intrigue.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
No. It's not too bold.

I think a guy would rather you come right out and say you like them than to beat round the bush making hints and signals he cannot read.

How could you go wrong?
How could you go wrong? Well I guess it depends on what a woman is after. If she is after sex, then okay, go up to the young waiter and tell him, "I like your muscles and I bet you have quite the package hidden under there." That is very aggressive and predatory.

But if you want a real man, you do not say these things. The message you give is, "I'm looking to have sex with the first decent man I can find. How about it?" If you want a real man, a man who will pursue and court you, it is better to smile and look at him and indicate without words that it is okay to approach you.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
No. It's not too bold.

How could you go wrong?
Exactly, and you'll know right away if he feels the same way...most of the time.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
How could you go wrong? Well I guess it depends on what a woman is after. If she is after sex, then okay, go up to the young waiter and tell him, "I like your muscles and I bet you have quite the package hidden under there." That is very aggressive and predatory.

But if you want a real man, you do not say these things. The message you give is, "I'm looking to have sex with the first decent man I can find. How about it?" If you want a real man, a man who will pursue and court you, it is better to smile and look at him and indicate without words that it is okay to approach you.
I disagree.

The song, "Lady on the streets but a freak in the bed." says it all.

I don't think you would be saying you are a ho. Seriously. I think a flirting lady is hot.

Your response of "smile and look at him" might work but I personally like the flirty, crazy gals. You need that spark of excitement. You feel singled out and special if the girl is spending time to flirt with you.

I suppose you could smile and see if he smiles back but when he doesn't cause he is shy or have the balls to approach you I suppose you could approach him and say, "I smiled and gave you the o.k. to approach me?" Laughing. "Did you miss my signals?" Still smiling and joking around.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I disagree.

The song, "Lady on the streets but a freak in the bed." says it all.

I don't think you would be saying you are a ho. Seriously. I think a flirting lady is hot.

Your response of "smile and look at him" might work but I personally like the flirty, crazy gals. You need that spark of excitement. You feel singled out and special if the girl is spending time to flirt with you.

I suppose you could smile and see if he smiles back but when he doesn't cause he is shy or have the balls to approach you I suppose you could approach him and say, "I smiled and gave you the o.k. to approach me?" Laughing. "Did you miss my signals?" Still smiling and joking around.
If that fails then just flash him...if you're of legal flashing age of course.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
I don't chase men, sorry...

I'm not looking to be a man's mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships