Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:22 AM

240 posts, read 1,290,041 times

Advertisements

What do you think of this? I met a guy who seems nice. We have chatted on the phone and he claims to like me but he has not asked me on a real date yet. I just think that is weird. We have talked on the phone several times over the past 7 weeks and he has never asked me out. What do you think about this? One of my friends said that maybe he is broke......lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 09:38 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,966,489 times
Ask him out.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 AM

28,948 posts, read 30,307,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
What do you think of this? I met a guy who seems nice. We have chatted on the phone and he claims to like me but he has not asked me on a real date yet. I just think that is weird. We have talked on the phone several times over the past 7 weeks and he has never asked me out. What do you think about this? One of my friends said that maybe he is broke......lol

yes, if your interested in him, invite him to go on a picnic or something....bring some music, and a boomerang....or frisbe

Old 07-02-2009, 09:54 AM

240 posts, read 1,290,041 times
I have dropped hints. I told him if you want to hang out call me. But he never does, I will ask him "what are you doing today?" and he always has something to do so I told him when you get some free time and you want to do something let me know.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:57 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,554,704 times
Here's a true story that happened to me and maybe it'll work for you.

Years ago when I was young, stupid and broke (now I'm old, stupid and broke) a gal I was in lust with but didn't feel I could ask out (she was a summer Playboy Bunny in LA) approaced me in front of a group of friends and said, "[bp], you know what your problem is"? "What"? I asked. She siad, "You need to get laid. Wanna go to a movie with me"?

And the rest, as they say, was history.

Give it a try. Let us know how it went.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,435,251 times
Quote:
What age are you? esp if you are 16-25 or so. Believe it or not some guys are just shy. Not saying that is what is going on, but it is a possiblity.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,730,327 times
You've been talking to this guy for seven weeks, dropping hints and letting him know you are interested, and he hasn't asked you out? I suspect he's either not interested in you that way (for whatever reason), or he has no spine. Maybe you ask him out ... then what? Wait three or four dates before you kiss him because he doesn't have the starch to kiss you?

SEVEN WEEKS? That's almost two months. The summer will be over before you know it, and you'll still be waiting around for this guy.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:03 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,689,303 times
You want a date, then make the move. There's no rulebook that says the guy has to be the one doing the asking. If he refuses, then move on and find someone else.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:04 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,459,475 times
Quote:
So don't talk to him on the phone anymore. Why would you allow a man to "date" you over the phone? That is the worst of the worst.

Old 07-02-2009, 10:05 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,459,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You want a date, then make the move. There's no rulebook that says the guy has to be the one doing the asking. If he refuses, then move on and find someone else.
Spoken like a true man! Sperm chases egg. If you want to play the sperm, then take him out to dinner! Let's hope he is hot, works out at the gym a lot, and knows how to dress enticingly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships